Festival Summer 2004 (1 Viewer)

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Hey black'n whites out there :)

I'm a big fan of music-festivals with all its goodies and inconveniencings. I just want to know wether you like those open airs too and why? Which things are important to you when taking a choice for a festival (atmosphere or line-up; or both)? Which are the best-organized, most idyillic or best-know festivals in your country?

I "already" joined some festivals (Bizarre 2000, Hurricane 2001, Hurricane 2002 and Southside 2003 - all bigger ones here in Germany). Here in Germany the audience was spoiled with acts over the years. That's why the organizers try to overbid each other to get favor. So everyone is waiting until line-up is released and only after that most of them (me included :D) buy tickets. In other countries, I've heard, that festivals are sold out before knowing all acts (e.g. Belgium and the Netherlands; correct me if I'm wrong, Erik :) )

Over the years I've seen some really stunning bands: Die Toten Hosen, Goldfinger, Queens of the Stone Age, Tool, Deftones, Iggy Pop, The Offsprings, Placebo, The Hellacopters, Readymade, Beatsteaks, Die Ärzte, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Television, The Breeders, Coldplay, LIVE :thumb:, Counting Crows, Interpol, Radiohead, NOFX, Beck, Muse, Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, No Use For A Name, A, Rollins Band ... and so on

But beside, I like the atmosphere there. Camping with friends, having barbecue at sunset with live music in background, rocking with your favourite band - a perfect summer pastime, or? :)

Unfortunately this year no festival's line-up convinced me to pay 80 or 100 euro (except "Rock am Ring" and "Rock im Park", but I've no time to attend those XXL-events :down:).

well...these were my two cents...what about you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
wow that's a lot of bands right there ! i'd love to see about half of them !
so far i've seen : CKY, Jurassic 5, De La Soul, Insane Clown Posse, The Blue Man Group and a couple of russian bands
and from Dj's : Moby, Dave Mattews, Carl Cox, Dieselboy, Tiesto and Crystal Method & Dj Hyper ( LAST NIGHT !!! )
i'd love to go see Incubus play with The Vines, they're coming here pretty soon only the tickets are kinda expensive :undecide:
i'd like to go to any big rock festival but haven't gotten a chance to just yet ( i missed one good one Lollapalooza last summer :sad: )
i'm only 17 tho so i think i still got time ;)

and to answer your questions OF COURSE both count - the lineup and the atmosphere , but if i had to choose i'd probably pick atmosphere b/c that's what concerts are all about , and you can't have a great atmoshpere with a shitty band :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I only like the North Sea Jazz Festival here in in The Hague and the After summer parties in my home province. They rule! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)