Ferrara's thoughts (2 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Many have tried to undisclose the secrets of this Juventus that started fast. Turnover is being pointed as one of the main reasons, thanks to the important results obtained by the team. But behind everything, there is a big will of everybody to get a place in the starting 11.

Also by somebody like Ciro Ferrara, after 20 years of Serie A, and still willing to be main figure: "Here we are all working to create problems of choice to Lippi. In the last 2 years I have been playing less from the beginning, but then in any case I had my chances. Obviously everybody would like to play each single match, but if the turnover involves all players then it's accepted in the right way. Then good results help everything of course."

A lot of importance, to this great start of the season, has to be given to the different training preparation, due to the particular calendar of this season:
"Yes it was a bet - agrees Ferrara - we started fast because just after a few days of training we had to face the first official match, the Italian Super Cup. Ourselves are conscious of the fact that we might occur in bad games, the important thing is to mantain a costant line of results."

To mantain this speed and win other trophies is the main goal of Ferrara. "After that famous game in Perugia, I thought it would have been difficult to win another scudetto, but I did win other two.After what happened in Manchester, it's obvious that everybody wants to try and win the Champions League, even if personally I am more addicted to the Serie A. In this team we all know each other very well and the newcomers understand what is expect from them. From a technical point of view also the other teams are on the same level, then when we'll play against each other everything may happen."

--------

juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Ciro Ferrara may be heading towards his 37th birthday, but insists he has no intention of retiring yet.

The Juventus man is happy with the squad rotation system used this year and is tipped for a starting place against Modena on Saturday.

“At my age,” he joked, “you need to preserve your energy and spend some time on the bench. I have a long way to go before giving this sport up.”

The veteran has won the Scudetto with both Napoli and Juve, so he is now happy to contribute to the team.

“I don’t know whether or not I will have a place in the starting eleven, but nobody here is assured of a place and nobody minds. We all happily accept Marcello Lippi’s decisions.”

The squad rotation could also see on form hitman Marco Di Vaio dropped to the bench despite his stunning goal against Romania.

“He is doing very well and it must be difficult for Lippi to rest someone on such a roll,” conceded Ferrara.

“As with many others, Di Vaio needed a year to become accustomed to the pressures of a big club and is only now showing his true quality.”

Pavel Nedved also had a difficult early period with the Bianconeri before becoming a hot favourite for the Balon d’Or.

“I am torn between my friendship for Paolo Maldini and the undoubted quality of Nedved,” noted the veteran defender. “But there are also other candidates and I would not rule out Andriy Shevchenko.”

-------------------------

Football Italia

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I dont know what did Paolo maldini did to deseserve to be in the race for this prize (IT SHOULD BE TO NEDVED ONLY :D)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
Ciro Ferrara may be heading towards his 37th birthday, but insists he has no intention of retiring yet.

“At my age,” he joked, “you need to preserve your energy and spend some time on the bench. I have a long way to go before giving this sport up.”
does he mean that he is not going to retire after this season?
ciro, please, i love you man, but you have to go. kids need their coasche y'know

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I just hope he doesn't make silly errors in the last season of his career. If he retired at the end of this season and became a Primavera coach or something, he'd probably be guaranteed to walk away with his head held high.

Too many players make the mistake of carrying on and having people only remember their last mediocre season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Speaking of which, I'll tell my joke again.

Why is Ronaldinho such a good lover?

drumroll

Because he can lob seaman from 40 yards :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
ehehehehe..you'll be amazed the wonders of life when you're a zombie
:LOL: what's your time now? And I now all too well, it is 2:30 a.m. here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)