Fernando Llorente (182 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’ve been rewatching some games from “good old days” and man Llorente was such a selfless player. His hold up play was so good and really complimented Tevez well.

on the other hand lichtsteiner was overrated as hell sorry not sorry. Maybe I just hate right backs.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I’ve been rewatching some games from “good old days” and man Llorente was such a selfless player. His hold up play was so good and really complimented Tevez well.

on the other hand lichtsteiner was overrated as hell sorry not sorry. Maybe I just hate right backs.
Apologize!
Lichtsteiner is just the type we are missing now

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lichtsteiner was quite bad technically and creating space or opportunities on his own. But he played with ferocious drive, was solid defensively and had clever off the ball movement that he relied heavily on. Adept finishing those off.

I kinda agree he is somewhat overrated after he left us, rose tinted prose about him allways that did not fit his at times limited football ability. But that insane drive and sense of knowing what's to be done in most situations is easy qualities to make you popular with fandom.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Lichtsteiner was quite bad technically and creating space or opportunities on his own. But he played with ferocious drive, was solid defensively and had clever off the ball movement that he relied heavily on. Adept finishing those off.

I kinda agree he is somewhat overrated after he left us, rose tinted prose about him allways that did not fit his at times limited football ability. But that insane drive and sense of knowing what's to be done in most situations is easy qualities to make you popular with fandom.
contes system put wingbacks in great positions to rack up assists, a more dynamic player would’ve averaged double digit assists every season with that team. Wingback was the weak spot of those teams for years. But because he hustled he got his balls rubbed lol.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
contes system put wingbacks in great positions to rack up assists, a more dynamic player would’ve averaged double digit assists every season with that team. Wingback was the weak spot of those teams for years. But because he hustled he got his balls rubbed lol.
This is accurate

I loved Licht for his energy, grit & defending but what exposed us at the highest level was SO many of our attacks ended with Licht or Asamoah in the final 3rd lacking quality.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How are you so consistent in shitting on all the wrong players.

Licht prolly didn't have enough minutes in Serie-B for you to appreciate him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
This is accurate

I loved Licht for his energy, grit & defending but what exposed us at the highest level was SO many of our attacks ended with Licht or Asamoah in the final 3rd lacking quality.
licht wasn’t a bad player but he was defo overrated. Our flank play in those days was so bad relative to the rest of the squad. Imagine if Conte had a Kostic back then, he may have won something in Europe.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Can't agree with this.

licht was great for us. We lacked quality full backs for years. Then he came and played like a machine week in week out. One of the main players who helped us get back on top.

Wrong player to start arguing over. His legendary status is cementent.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is accurate

To be fair Licht was quite bit better end product then Kwadwo, who just went wide and couldn't deliver any final balls or as good off the ball runs.

He had better dribbling then Licht and better technique, but couldn't really use it. Bit conservative and lacking end product. Kinda like a declined Sandro.

While Licht was just blitzkrieg attacking off ball in his flank nonstop, constantly available and joining in attacks. His technical limitation didn't stop his fervour which made him a productive player nonetheless.

But yeah boths individual limitations to create were event in the big games, where they had to create for themselves but couldn't when the spaces were shrinking and Pirlo and the world class midfield couldn't give them behind the lanes passes as much.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That's where I see Conte learned his lessons. Ever since then he has sought after wingbacks that are good one on one. He started very early with Perisic but was unable to convince him, took him a long time to accept the role and understand that it isn't a traditional wingback but a winger with good stamina and hard work rate.
Asamoah was also too easily scared. Extremely low-risk, but in the first initial months he was more attacking and offered more in attack. Then he was turned around by Conte's risk-elimination.
In hindsight Llorente would probably have been more prolific with wingbacks who could cross. I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 182)