Fernando Llorente (11 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
lol sure

-"hey Bayern, here is 30M for Gotze"
-"he doesent want to leave the club sorry"

-"hey Bayern, here is 50M for Gotze"
-guess the answer
So what you're saying here is, that Barca offered us 80m for Pogba, and we said the player doesn't want to leave the club, our stance would remain the same if they came back to the table with 150m? I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that everybody in modern day football has a price. Player will is important, but i can guarantee you, a club will cash in on a player if they get a price they deem fit. So to think that Bayern would stonewall a 50m offer for Goetze is pretty presumptuous.

Our 'record points league winning attack of 13-14 league season are all gone now.

Tevez, Llorente, Quag, Vucinic, Giovinco.
:touched: good times. Part evolution, part revolution.

so great to to not see him here anymore.

that said though, what's with this current juve and not keeping forwards?

matri? 2 years and 1 year on loan

quag? 3 years

llorente? 2 years

tevez? 2 years

giovinco? 2.5 years

morata is so leaving next year
No wonder we added a recompra to Morata's deal. :D

Because Marotta is great, 4 scudetti, CL final, etc
:beppe:

Imagine the reactions by the SAME people who are justifying this move as if it was the obvious choice had it been Sabatini.
That is whats honestly more annoying than the nature of some deals itself.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So what you're saying here is, that Barca offered us 80m for Pogba, and we said the player doesn't want to leave the club, our stance would remain the same if they came back to the table with 150m? I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that everybody in modern day football has a price. Player will is important, but i can guarantee you, a club will cash in on a player if they get a price they deem fit. So to think that Bayern would stonewall a 50m offer for Goetze is pretty presumptuous.
yes

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For free. To a team like Sevilla who has just won the EL last season and sold freaking Bacca for 30M this Summer. We were desperate of course, but we made the situation desperate ourselves. You don't go buy the amount of players and make big investments like we did and then only hope to sell players for a decent fee afterwards if you don't want to end up in such desperate situations.
If the choice is solely between keeping Llorente or releasing for free it's a fairly easy choice. It's when we start putting in hypothetical scenarios like other teams being interested it becomes skewed. If he was allowed to leave for Spain for sentimental reasons then there is deserved criticism from a financial POV, but ultimately it comes down to the overall cost saved.

In terms of Sevilla they might have €30m from selling Bacca but they also have a much smaller wage bill than us. Let's say they pay Llorente €2.5m - €3m instead of the €4.5m he earned after tax here. That would cost them €5.3m - €6.3m per season to employ him. Sevilla's annual wage bill is €45m. Ours is €122m (2014-15 figures). They've also spent 2/3 of the money they received for players already.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If the choice is solely between keeping Llorente or releasing for free it's a fairly easy choice. It's when we start putting in hypothetical scenarios like other teams being interested it becomes skewed. If he was allowed to leave for Spain for sentimental reasons then there is deserved criticism from a financial POV, but ultimately it comes down to the overall cost saved.

In terms of Sevilla they might have €30m from selling Bacca but they also have a much smaller wage bill than us. Let's say they pay Llorente €2.5m - €3m instead of the €4.5m he earned after tax here. That would cost them €5.3m - €6.3m per season to employ him. Sevilla's annual wage bill is €45m. Ours is €122m (2014-15 figures). They've also spent 2/3 of the money they received for players already.
That's the whole point. Why leave it for the last week to sell deadwood, especially since we already made huge investments and brought in A LOT of new players already?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's the whole point. Why leave it for the last week to sell deadwood, especially since we already made huge investments and brought in A LOT of new players already?
That generally happens, just look around every summer transfer window. More moves will happen in the last couple of days than the previous 50. It's a cat and mouse game with everyone trying to get the best deal, just one of the problems of having a transfer window.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That generally happens, just look around every summer transfer window. More moves will happen in the last couple of days than the previous 50. It's a cat and mouse game with everyone trying to get the best deal, just one of the problems of having a transfer window.
Yes, but if we're on a "tight budget" as we claim we are, we can't let things like this happen, and it does happen often enough with us. We can't cry because we can't buy top quality players and sell our players for free in this market.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW I think if we had received a better offer for Llorente already, and he accepted it, he would have been gone. It's nice to think that we were fending off €10m-€12m offers all summer and then suddenly horrible to think we have given him away for free, but that's the downside of the continual rumour mill. We all knew Llorente was available this summer, yet he goes for free with days left. It's salary. Sevilla are taking it on to take him for free, think of it like when we signed him.

If we wanted money in this scenario we had to sell him to the PL, but it didn't happen. Spurs and Arsenal were mentioned but we know nothing more. Maybe we should have offered him to West Ham...We have to consider that Llorente just wanted to go to Spain, or at least not to northern Europe.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
if you believe so, please continue :tup:
I'd be tempted to point it out as fact rather than an opinion, but its not a debate worth getting into, if you're not open to seeing the possibility of how clubs work in the modern game. Pogba has a price, just like Goetze, and every other player on the planet. Sorry my friend, this is not an opinion, it is a fact for better or worse.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes, but if we're on a "tight budget" as we claim we are, we can't let things like this happen, and it does happen often enough with us. We can't cry because we can't buy top quality players and sell our players for free in this market.
You're ignoring the wage scenario though. That is saving us money. If Sevilla reject our request for a fee then it potentially costs us money if no one else comes in.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You're ignoring the wage scenario though. That is saving us money. If Sevilla reject our request for a fee then it potentially costs us money if no one else comes in.
And since its the final week of the mercato, we cant take that risk.

Klin tends to ignore alot of stuff when it suits his cause tho

I blame The Cusp© glasses

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'd be tempted to point it out as fact rather than an opinion, but its not a debate worth getting into, if you're not open to seeing the possibility of how clubs work in the modern game. Pogba has a price, just like Goetze, and every other player on the planet. Sorry my friend, this is not an opinion, it is a fact for better or worse.
like Messi and Ronaldo :tup:

what you dont want to understand is, you dont sell a player with Balon dor potential, no matter the price. you build a team around him and try to win the CL. but hey, modern clubs are selling their best players all the time so what do i know

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If Sabatini or Galliani did this after winning 4 consecutive titles I don't think anyone here would laugh.

I don't get the problem really. We got him for free and he left for free. If there is no market for the player, there is no market. We used him up and now he sucks. We didn't lose money.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
As I said, somehow we seem to end up in such situations much more than other clubs for some reason. One has to start thinking that maybe, just maybe, it's got to do with our negotiating skills.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As I said, somehow we seem to end up in such situations much more than other clubs for some reason. One has to start thinking that maybe, just maybe, it's got to do with our negotiating skills.
Thats not true. You notice it because you arent bothering in detail with other clubs mercato's.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There's no real negotiation that takes place though is there? Llorente wants to go to Sevilla. We don't want Llorente. Just getting his wages off our books is a positive. Sevilla says we'll take him but won't pay. What do we say to change their mind? "Please?".

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
like Messi and Ronaldo :tup:

what you dont want to understand is, you dont sell a player with Balon dor potential, no matter the price. you build a team around him and try to win the CL. but hey, modern clubs are selling their best players all the time so what do i know
Correct me if I'm wrong, but United did sell Ronaldo to Madrid? Also, you're currently not distinguishing the argument between whether we should sell him and if we would sell him at such a price. Should we sell him? No, you don't sell a player with Balon D'or potential. Would we sell him at 150m? Yes.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
There's no real negotiation that takes place though is there? Llorente wants to go to Sevilla. We don't want Llorente. Just getting his wages off our books is a positive. Sevilla says we'll take him but won't pay. What do we say to change their mind? "Please?".
Why are we assuming that he only wanted Sevilla? Is this another fact I'm missing out on?

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if I'm wrong, but United did sell Ronaldo to Madrid? Also, you're currently not distinguishing the argument between whether we should sell him and if we would sell him at such a price. Should we sell him? No, you don't sell a player with Balon D'or potential. Would we sell him at 150m? Yes.
What's funny is that the guy is an Ibra fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)