Fernando Llorente (21 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Our sells have been questionable to say the least. The buying of Zaza is insulting, and the lack of an AM which was requested from day one leaves a lot to be desired. Khedira is a mystery.

Dybs, Sandro, Mandzu and cuadrado the bright spots. :tup:
cuadrado is not a bright spot. he is a good player, but he was plan z, and it only worked because chelsea got pedro

plan a was goatze, but that didnt work
plan b was draxler, but that didnt work
plan c was goatz again, still didnt work
then mikhitaryan, that didtn work
then raxler again, still not working.

then cuadrado becomes available. and he is signed. great. except he is not even the second choice target.

and this coming from someone who prefers 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The way I see it is that we could have gotten much more for Vidal. That's my opinion which I happen to share with quite a few others.
That isn't the issue though, sir.

The issue was the "best CM in the world" comment. He wasn't even the best CM on his own team last year, never mind the world.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Any other club selling Vidal would of got at least 10m more for sure.
I also believe so.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't the issue though, sir.

The issue was the "best CM in the world" comment. He wasn't even the best CM on his own team last year, never mind the world.
Oh, maybe he wasn't last season but over the past four seasons? He is right up there with the best of the best if we don't want to say the best.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I also believe so.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, maybe he wasn't last season but over the past four seasons? He is right up there with the best of the best if we don't want to say the best.
To quote the eternally sexy Janet Jackson :D

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, @Lion

You tough guy

-repping on a post I made to Jack.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
amazing reaction. i thought for sure sergoi would defend the -rep since he is used to seeing disaapointing things happen around juve related news.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
cuadrado is not a bright spot. he is a good player, but he was plan z, and it only worked because chelsea got pedro

plan a was goatze, but that didnt work
plan b was draxler, but that didnt work
plan c was goatz again, still didnt work
then mikhitaryan, that didtn work
then raxler again, still not working.

then cuadrado becomes available. and he is signed. great. except he is not even the second choice target.

and this coming from someone who prefers 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2
Nah, we would have moved for Cuadrado as soon as there was any sniff, we've had a hard on for him for some time. That's why he is called an 'opportunity' rather than any kind of plan or option.

Likewise Götze falls into the same category, whereas Draxler has been a plan for some time. We can't sign a player like Götze if all is going well at Bayern, just as we wouldn't have got Cuadrado if he was doing well at Chelsea. But Draxler is not that level as an individual or the club he's at, but he's still difficult to prize away. He's the sort of player who moves if the money is right, because Juventus are simply bigger than Schalke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)