Fernando Llorente (8 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That header...i hope it doesnt bite us in the ass.

I like that he is more willing to take the ball on his feet as of late...and seems to be more focused in holding possesion. His 2 lasy cameos have been positive

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fernando, I am not a fan. You know that. I never tried to hide it anyway. But I must admit, it was endearing to see you warm up during our game against Real. Instead of the usual uninterested stretch you took your warm up seriously. You wanted to come on and make a difference. I know it didn't pan out quite the way you wanted it to, but I applaud you for caring as much as you did. Thank you.

Mar 10, 2009
I think he can still be useful as a sub player, if he's prepared to sit on the sub that is. He brings something different, in that he's "big" striker, we can put on. I still think we should keep him as a squad player. He's still an improvement over the strikers we had before he and Tevez cam imo

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
What I like about Nando is that he never whines to the press when he doesn't play regularly. And in his interviews he always said that he is happy for Morata. He is a great guy.

But his wages is too damn high for a bench player. I am one of Nando's biggest fan, but letting him go may be what's best for him and the club. I don't want him to rot on the bench. :sad:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What I like about Nando is that he never whines to the press when he doesn't play regularly. And in his interviews he always said that he is happy for Morata. He is a great guy.

But his wages is too damn high for a bench player. I am one of Nando's biggest fan, but letting him go may be what's best for him and the club. I don't want him to rot on the bench. :sad:
He is a great guy but he's 30 and this should be his prime. Obviously he's not quite good enough for Juventus. The way I see it he has two options: either he accepts to be on the bench and tries to contribute as much as he can when he plays or he goes to a smaller team to play. It depends on a lot of factors. Perhaps he just wants to win as much as he can and Juventus is a great place to win trophies.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
He is a great guy but he's 30 and this should be his prime. Obviously he's not quite good enough for Juventus. The way I see it he has two options: either he accepts to be on the bench and tries to contribute as much as he can when he plays or he goes to a smaller team to play. It depends on a lot of factors. Perhaps he just wants to win as much as he can and Juventus is a great place to win trophies.
You're right. It depends on whether Allegri wants him or not, whether Marotta wants to sell him to raise cash, and also on Nando himself. For me personally, I don't want him to go, but as I said before, his wage is too high for a bench warmer.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There is also the issue with Llorente that there is little sign that he can perform to a reasonably high level when not getting much playing time.

As well as his wage, that's a pretty big factor to count against him when considering whether he can be a useful back-up next season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He would be a useful back up but does it make more sense to get his wages off our books and maybe make a solid transfer fee from him to invest elsewhere?

Nov 17, 2012
There is also the issue with Llorente that there is little sign that he can perform to a reasonably high level when not getting much playing time.

As well as his wage, that's a pretty big factor to count against him when considering whether he can be a useful back-up next season.
#bringbackquag :D
@baggio @Hydde @Tommy @ZoSo @Mr Chocolate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)