Fernando Llorente (15 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When we first signed him wasn't there a Bilbao fan that came on here and said that he is weak mentally and that he needs to feel loved to get the best out of him?

Seems he was spot on.
His main issue is that he is not good enough. He can be on form supported by millions and he still wouldn't be good enough. I don't hate the guy, but come on, Llorente? At Juventus?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
His main issue is that he is not good enough. He can be on form supported by millions and he still wouldn't be good enough. I don't hate the guy, but come on, Llorente? At Juventus?
He can't change the game, but if given services he can deliver. Unfortunately, Juve's style of play doesn't suit him because he has to stay with his back to his opponents rather than finishing off assists and services. He's a calm finisher on the field and can score, but he's not the type to take the ball create space for himself and sprint.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Thankfully he didn't play :tup: because he had nothing to do there with the pace and counter attacks style of a game.

I like him,he seems to be a true professional and great person(from the way he always talks,doing everything for the team),but he's limited,and after a good season,he didn't make the progress we needed from him.
He's slowing our game now,and Morata is much better.no other way to look at it.
We should sell him for a good price while it's possible because he's on a BIG wages and taking a spot of a better CF right now.
I believe 12-15M is a fair price for him,while we got him for free,so we'll only make profit.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He can't change the game, but if given services he can deliver. Unfortunately, Juve's style of play doesn't suit him because he has to stay with his back to his opponents rather than finishing off assists and services. He's a calm finisher on the field and can score, but he's not the type to take the ball create space for himself and sprint.
On his best he could change the game in the way that he'd just turn any half decent high ball into a goal - take the Lazio game last season for example, Buffon got a red early on, we were on sleep mode until Llorente just got a goal out of nowhere from a shitty Lichtsteiner cross.

Not that it matters with the form he's in this season. If he doesn't turn around completely until summer we better look for a buyer.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

Another free top player :tuttosport: :D
He is not a player yet...

But anyway :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:
It's confirmed so 1st of July or not...:tuttosport:
what I like about him is that he isn't a tall oaf, has 2 good feet and can be creative as well.

will work well with MVP and Mirko.
Good player.

Good signing.

Fuck the rest of the world with their midget CFs and false nines and all that nonsense.

Can't beat having a giant No.9 leading the line. :D

Llorente is not your average targetman. He's technically pretty good, excellent with back to goal, good in the air and good finishing.

Its why he is doing well in this modern era
He's a good target man, strong, tidy on he ball. Pretty good dribbler for his size. Finds good positions and can include teammates in play.

Wouldn't want to use him as a second striker per se. But could use him to bring a player like Higuain or Tevez into a play.
He'll score 32 goals in all competitions to celebrate our 32nd title, fuckface.

@Lion.
Llorente can't dribble :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We did not got him to dribble, we got him to score.
We have to great dribblers in Vucinic and Giovinco, Pepe will return as well.
What we need is someone who can score the many chances we create.
Even if we get another finisher, Llorente will be used as a finisher, when he plays.
Having him as our sub finisher and rotate Higuain/Llorente and Vucinic/Giovinco would be great, because regardless of fatigue, injuries or suspensions, we would always enjoy one great dribbler and one great finisher.
Even at cup finals, when conte only use the subs...
I don't think he'll score more than 15 goals in his first season with us, but he is still a top signing. Despite what a lot of people think, I can see him working well with Higuain upfront.
Thats the great thing about a player of his type. Beeing that awesome targetman, technical, playing with back to goal, connecting. Hence if you have those skills, working hard will improve you, it wont make you fail at it suddenly.

Finishing ? well, we have had a few serie a games before the league begins. And he'll be getting SO much opportunities to score, it wont be a problem.
Dont worry, Llorente has never been a choker iirc
Yes, but people thinking he only works with crosses.

they'll be in for a big surprise
First time since Ibra that we've had such a tall and powerful target-man with fantastic ability on the ball and wonderful technique. Forza El Rey Leon!
Only those who haven't seen him before.
For me, he has so much individual brilliance. Definitely.
He'll get back to his 11-12 form. Give the guy a break, he barely played last season. The talent is there, plus even when not playing his best, he shoulda got an assist today.
icemaη;4310652 said:
Whenever I had seen him at Bilbao, that part of his game was what impressed me the most. Yeah, he scores quite a bit, but the way he holds up the ball and bringing the others into play around him is very underrated imo.
That's why I always rated him apart from his goal scoring abilities.
You don't bench Llorente, you simply don't.

I see a bit of Trezeguet in him and a bit of Del Piero in Tevez, of course they're not as good as Dp-Tez but they're great and must play together.
c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.gif

BUT WAIT! your savior, el presidente Lion warned you peasants about this in 2013:

first of all there is only one lion king and it's me

second lol @ you pathetic insects thinking llorente is going to actually score a lot of goals. seriously lmao. just go away already.

he's pretty much amauri 2.0 without the hand clapping. once her starts flopping around you'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)