Fernando Llorente (4 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No I mean should be benched AND not used at all for few games, he needs to seriously get his head in order, completely off in even the most basic and need to clear his mind on the sidelines a bit.
Gotcha. I think he can be useful against Olympiakos but it's up to Allegri I guess.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Along with his confidence being low at the moment I think serie a sides have figured out that if they get tight and put him under pressure early when the ball comes into him, his touch isn't consistently good and he can often get the ball stuck under his feet and opposition can win it back off him early.
He also hasn't got any players running beyond him making his use very limited at the moment in the system Allegri is using.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
He is way off his mark and should be benched. Might hurt his already low self-esteem, but, on the other hand sending him on the pitch on and on again sends poor and mixed signals to competing strikers. His movements off the ball are non-existent and I can't find any reason why unless he is drained out somehow or told to stay put (which is a really poor suggestion then).
Yes, he is our only real option to tower defences, fortunately we seldom cross in floating balls. We seldom cross and when we do they are usually drilled towards first post.
Too bad Morata misses another league game.

Jul 1, 2010
He is way off his mark and should be benched. Might hurt his already low self-esteem, but, on the other hand sending him on the pitch on and on again sends poor and mixed signals to competing strikers. His movements off the ball are non-existent and I can't find any reason why unless he is drained out somehow or told to stay put (which is a really poor suggestion then).
Yes, he is our only real option to tower defences, fortunately we seldom cross in floating balls. We seldom cross and when we do they are usually drilled towards first post.
Morata is suspended for 2 games?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One game only.

- - - Updated - - -

What's more important here: hurting his self-esteem or hurting the team?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
One game only.

- - - Updated - - -

What's more important here: hurting his self-esteem or hurting the team?
agree and exactly my point. The team is more important and playing with low self-esteem won't improve it either. He needs time apart. As I see it, taking him off is in the long-term beneficial for both the team and his own self-esteem. In a few games we can put him on when we need a goal and someone in the box to stir things up. He will then come on fresh against more tired legs.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
agree and exactly my point. The team is more important and playing with low self-esteem won't improve it either. He needs time apart. As I see it, taking him off is in the long-term beneficial for both the team and his own self-esteem. In a few games we can put him on when we need a goal and someone in the box to stir things up. He will then come on fresh against more tired legs.
:agree:

To be honest, I think coming on late as a sub around 65-70 mins when we are in the lead might help taking the pressure off of him to score.

- - - Updated - - -

He needs a minimal pressure situation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At the very least, he neds to find himself again.

He was under pressure last year and he delivered. Im hoping this is a matter of form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)