Fernando Llorente (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Teams always need scapegoats, and Llorente bashing is the flavour of the month now. Pathetic. I actually thought he was quite OK against Atalanta.
I just think that we could use the pace and movement of Morata instead. Llorente does an OK job holding up the ball but we need something else in there, especially against a side like Atletico.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Drag the team down?

He's a reference point in our attack, holds the ball up well with his back against the defense and distributes it nicely. He played a very decisive part in the 1st goal last night.

Hopefully he scores soon, though, he needs it for confidence.
:agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Teams always need scapegoats, and Llorente bashing is the flavour of the month now. Pathetic. I actually thought he was quite OK against Atalanta.
It's deserved criticism. He keeps getting the nod yet isn't delivering. He needs a couple matches on the bench to hopefully kick start a positive run. Not sure what the issue is because starting Morata, for example, can't be any more counter productive than starting Llorente because Llorente hasn't done anything yet.

The excuses of him holding the ball up hasn't led to much this season yet IMO. The guy is a target man, he needs service into the 6 yard box. That's where he excels and the irony is the goal Morata scored is the kind of service Llorente needs more often.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think that we could use the pace and movement of Morata instead. Llorente does an OK job holding up the ball but we need something else in there, especially against a side like Atletico.
:tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that's not it. we have a 20 million euro signing ready on the bench and one of Europe's top 5 18 year olds on the bench. all we are asking is if the current 1st team player is clearly not in sync, give the others a chance.

this isn't siena where we only have a single player and we play him regardlees of form.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There have been quite a few occasions in the last match where Llorente contributed significantly to the team's overall play, if I remember correctly. The only opportunity I remember him having was that header.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
nah, brah.

you want your highest paid striker to hold the ball well. that's all. who needs goals.

i think a lot of you will change tunes soon once you realize tevez cant carry the team every game and llorente will be no where to be found

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah nobody is denying how good his hold up play can be

but in a team with no attacking mids, 1 other striker and no wingers I think we sort of, you know, need our other striker to be an actual goal threat unless we want to be completely and unbelievably dependent on Tevez.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
nah, brah.

you want your highest paid striker to hold the ball well. that's all. who needs goals.

i think a lot of you will change tunes soon once you realize tevez cant carry the team every game and llorente will be no where to be found
Thats what i dont want to happen. Its clear that this Tevez run, while it has a lot do to with tactics and new coach... is also the result of a burst in his performance and luck. He OBVIOUSLY will ot be abel to keep this up and sooner or later we will have to continue being a team to win games instead of relying of tevez.

Thats why we need Llorente to get on his rails soon. Is not that he has been Amauri levels anyways.... but when he lacks goals.. and on top of it, he is misplacing passes and braking up plays with mistakes.. it gets annoying sometimes.

He gest the credit in part for the first goal against atalanta... but he needs to improve alittle. Last season he was more or less like thus...but his goals always came so it was no biggie. But right now he is lacking goals.

And this is coming from a huge llorente fan, not a hater like Lion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not about finding scapegoats, he is not been good enough, its that simple, if you dont expect more then this supbar-ish non lethal approach to his game so far, then you simply think he is an average player, which he isnt. He needs to improve and become more involved as a goal threat, play better or be criticized, its nothing more complicated then that.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
he has to play the no.9 role against teams playing 10 men behind the ball, even at home...it is obviously going to be a tough shift with Tevez dropping much deeper in Allegri's system.

and Morata is not up for that, he is a more off the shoulder, running into spaces type FW.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he has to play the no.9 role against teams playing 10 men behind the ball, even at home...it is obviously going to be a tough shift with Tevez dropping much deeper in Allegri's system.

and Morata is not up for that, he is a more off the shoulder, running into spaces type FW.
The problem with tis is that llorente seems to be very uncomfort with the ball at his feet. He doesnt work in the build up apart from some 1-2s...
so he tends to brak up plays that require technical skills.
Sometimes he do some nice flicks.. but IMO is much more the times he gets it wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)