Fernando Llorente (27 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No. on both counts! Dzeko is a lumberjack, a throwback to the days of slow and ineffective football. If Dzeko had the finishing ability of Trez, I'd be all for it, but he is lethargic and nowhere near as lethal. He'd be a hindrance, not an upgrade.
i watched enough of his games at both Wolfsburg and City to tell that its the club (maybe even the league) taht doesent suit him. he was the most dominant striker in Germany for 3 years before moving to England, when he was always (sometimes undeserved) the second option behind Tevez/Balotelli/Aguero/Negredo... he kinda lost his motivation and i think he has to be the main striker of the team to shine. and if you think Dzeko is slow and ineffective, then what to think of Llorente...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
How could he? He was fielded against to tall CBs, and we have players who can't cross.
To be fair with llorente, this had to be said. The few crosses that came from asamoah were shid and out of bounds.
I saw llorente asking for crosses countelss times in good positions, but no one did. Lichteiner crosses and shots are fukin awful. He just knows o cross it low near the box.. but dont ask the guy to cross anything for llorente from afar because he cannot.

We have bad offenisvewingers.. very bad ones.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, here is what gets me. People are so quick to ship him off, yet admit that Juve need proper wingers in order for Llorente to be properly utilized.

And mind you, without these wingers that people speak of, he has still managed to score 17 goals so far this year after being eased into the starting lineup after playing very little last season.

And if the poll is anything to go by, then he has already met or exceeded the expectations of the vast majority of those who voted.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
17 goals.

Didn't even play in the first month of the season.

Missed practically a whole season last year at Bilbao

Free transfer.

What is the issue here, exactly.
This, wasn't a high profile signing. So people under appreciate him. This place has become a spoilt knee jerking mess as of late. I am not saying don't criticise but at least do it using ones brain and importantly do it constructively.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Nando has been very good this year and he deserves to be a started.

What he achieved this season while taking into account how he didn't play for a while year at Atletico it's nothing but good. He also adds something unique in our squad, he's a very useful player to have.

Nando :toast:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nando has been very good this year and he deserves to be a started.

What he achieved this season while taking into account how he didn't play for a while year at Atletico it's nothing but good. He also adds something unique in our squad, he's a very useful player to have.

Nando :toast:
i love Nando, but if we want to use the best out of him we need a new formation. even in the 3-5-2 he has shown that he can be useful, but it is clear that this style is not suited to him. if we are to get 2 wingers (Cuadrado and Sanchez :D) we could make full use of his characteristics and he would score even more goals...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
His lay off passes and hold up play has been disappointing for a while. His general play is inconsistent but that would almost definitely improve if he had Tevez playing off of him AND a pair of Wingers.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Okay ,if no one is giving you balls especially Lich or Asamoah and he is not fed with balls how does anybody expect Nando to score?
But he got that old fashioned like 70-80 -ties classic center forward shape and look.Just waiting for a ball delivered from somebody not creating a chances by his own and only working in the box.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He is also suffering from the Giovinco sindrome, which is receiving balls with the back at goal and having 2 dudes around always. Now im convinced that few forwards will work unde this conditions. he can do what he can.. but he shouldnt be receiving back to gal passes the whole fukin game. We need to stretch our play much more.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
He is also suffering from the Giovinco sindrome, which is receiving balls with the back at goal and having 2 dudes around always. Now im convinced that few forwards will work unde this conditions. he can do what he can.. but he should be receiving back to gal passes the whole fukin game. We need to stretch our play much more.
With 3-5-2 system we won't stretch our play never when your backs have to deliver balls as only ones.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Dzeko :lol:

Llorente is way better, Idk what people here think sometimes. Have you seen City's squad and the kind of service Dzeko gets? He'd blow here. Not to mention he's a super dub and that's where most of his goals come from.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The ones that are sugesting Llorente should be sold, should be shot in the knee. We got him for free, he puts in some solid work, he is by no means world class but he is a 15+ goal a season striker and his a fantastic targetman that adds a different dimension to our gameplay. We should add a pure finisher a la Trezeguet (Immobile could hopefully fufill that role) and one more speedy fucker (Sanchez) that can play both as an SS or a winger. We need more directness to our play, we are way too mechanic, no more aimless crosses and useless zigzags.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Llorente is way better, Idk what people here think sometimes. Have you seen City's squad and the kind of service Dzeko gets? He'd blow here. Not to mention he's a super dub and that's where most of his goals come from.
you have no clue who Dzeko is. he would easily outscore everyone in this league if we were to get him

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I forgot what match I was watching of Man City's in the past couple of months, but he had produced multiple gems like his Stoke choke...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)