Fernando Llorente (24 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I also can't blame him that Tevez can't keep a ball down that he sets up for him or the ref doesn't catch the handball on his header either. :lazy:

Not a good game, but hardly the reason we lost the tie.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Conte played right into Benfica's hands by putting in Llorrente. Conte should've started with Giovinco and Tevez from the start, 2 attackers who run at the defenders.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Conte played right into Benfica's hands by putting in Llorrente. Conte should've started with Giovinco and Tevez from the start, 2 attackers who run at the defenders.
Exactly! Against FCK he played Giovinco because they have tall defenders and look at how it turned out to be!

Oh wait ....

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Immobile is going to make many people cry if he comes here. You'll all see for yourselves how incredibly limited he is for our style, we can't even counter attack, which is virtually the only we he scores.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Llorente passing is awful ,also his ball control.Yes he can gave the high ball to Tevez from time to time.Balls towards him are 9 of ten fouls or offside.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Exactly! Against FCK he played Giovinco because they have tall defenders and look at how it turned out to be!

Oh wait ....
This.

Please people stop the gio madness. Against kopenhagen Conte was crucified for using Gio against tall dudes, rightly so.

We failed because we suck at attacking as a whole.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep, this guy in between two genuine Wingers would be a sight to behold. But 3-5-2, nah.

And I don't want to hear about his 2 goals against Madrid, the combined distance of both his goals was about 3 yards from goal. Showed decent reactions and awareness but those goals alone are not going to convince me him and Tevez are a good enough partnership at the top level.

Like I said though, stick him in a 4-2-3-1 and watch him bang them in.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd rather play Tevez on the wing than replace this guy. He's got more potential imo and will make for a more dynamic and smooth attack force. Plus he can work great in a counterattacking scheme. Tevez's best attribute is the fact that he runs like a madman. Not fast, just a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)