Fernando Llorente (180 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What a amazing goal. King Trez would've been proud of that turn and shot. Amazing. This is one feature if his game that he would do well to develop. If he uses his physicality to create space for himself rather than others at times, he will score even more goals. So okay because he gets into positions that are a headache for the opposition. Got lucky with the second goal, but he made his own luck today, and im sure it's a good boost for him on this stretch of the season. More importsnt than the goals however, Nando didn't look tired today. I hope this was not a one off coz the opposition was weak. If he can hold this tempo for the other fixtures then that'll mean a lot less pressure on Carlitos to carry the attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Just how i voted, 15-19 goals this season :tup:
I'd voted 10-14 I think. Would be good for him to keep this going till the end of the season. Takes a lot of pressure off.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'd voted 10-14 I think. Would be good for him to keep this going till the end of the season. Takes a lot of pressure off.
The poll answer above in italics would be the one you voted for, btw.

Personally, I think said "pressure" is generally unwarranted. He's performed here and I'd like to keep him.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
So good to see him score a brace. I just saw the highlights and both goals were great.

He really needed this, he's been in a slump, hopefully this boosts his confidence.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The poll answer above in italics would be the one you voted for, btw.

Personally, I think said "pressure" is generally unwarranted. He's performed here and I'd like to keep him.
I don't think one can debate whether keeping Llorente is a good or bad move. It's not a loan, so im pretty sure we are keeping him and/or would've kept him even if the season didn't stack up with this number of goals and assists. It wouldve been justified to give him a fair amount of time to settle in.

When I speak of pressure, I was referring to the pressure it takes off the team, to have one of their main forwards firing on all cylinders. Though all that said, it was my genuine concern that he is out of steam at this stage of the season, given the lack of conditioning he had coming off last season, and while Livorno could just be a one off against really weak opposition, I would be more than happy if Nando proves that he's still got more in the tank, on this final stretch.

Ps: Thanks. Turns out it was 10-14 :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Llorente needs to hit shots early like that more often.

Of course most of the time they won't go in, but he should still be hitting the shot.

Far too often he gets into that type of situation and wants to take too many touches or try to completely beat the defender.

If you get half a chance in the box, just smash it goalward.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well done Fernando. Very well taken first goal, looked absolutely relieved when it went in the back of the net, you could tell he REALLY wanted to get back amongst the scorers again.

He also proved he's just not a tap on merchant with his first goal. That was a nice finish, and a great touch and little turn to set it up.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Llorente needs to hit shots early like that more often.

Of course most of the time they won't go in, but he should still be hitting the shot.

If you get half a chance in the box, just smash it goalward.
yes, often you have one or two pogba ,vidal, licht and tevez lurking in box so even if the shot rebounds there is a chance that one of other players can hit the rebound

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
15 goals in all competitions so far. He's already met my expectations for ammount of goals scored in a debut season. We've got about 6 more league games to go and 4 EL games (considering we make it to the final), so he could possibly bring that total goal tally to 20+.
But according to some fuckwits on here, he's shit, he's the new Amauri, Immobile should bench him if we sign him, we should sell him etc. :howler:

15 goals in all competitions so far, very happy with that so far after basically a whole season missing. I'm extremely happy with his contribution so far, and it should only get better from next season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Very nice player and we've yet to see this guy hitting 100%. Most will be surprised then. I remember him while at Bilbao he looked a lot sharper, and more agile. Never been that pure finisher, but this guy is one classy forward. If anyone remebers that game in the semis of the EL vs United :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 180)