Fernando Llorente (23 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that is because pogba is saying: "let's not turn this rape into a murder"

edit: I can't rep you enough Piotrr. If we ever meet in real life, drinks are on me.

Apr 8, 2013
Llorente: "To score I got inspired by Ibra, but I want to be even more clynical"

The Spanish' golden moment: "Coming to Juve was the best possible bargain, but at the beginning I was so tired I couldn't even recognize myself"

Fernando Llorente doesn't need Santa Klaus, he's got whatever he wants by himself: 5 goals in the last 8 matches as a starter, the last one, suited for a great forward, sunday in Bergamo, and a sure role in Juve's starting XI.
Now I'm an happy man: coming here was the best decision I could make.

He persevered, Juve, who picked him up on a Bosman from Athletic Bilbao, waited for him, and Antonio Conte did the same, giving him a lot of trust rather than hurrying him up. At the end, it was worthy.
Finally I feel the kind of player I've always been.

Fernando Llorente, you started with some doubts: why?
In the USA. It was a very hard time cause I didn't know what was going on. In Chatillon I was fine, but then I felt the heavy work on my legs. And I felt tired. I wasn't used to it. A mental and physical tireness: some doubts came in.

That means?
I couldn't even recognize myself. That player was not me.

And Conte? What was he telling to you?
He said "Be calm and work, your moment will come."

After five moths, who are you?
The player I was before: I am fit again, I'm in match-form. I get along very well with the rest of the team, after so much physical and tactic work on movements. And I'm a very happy person: coming to Juve was the best decision.

Conte says that you can even become the kind of goleador you've never been.
I can become better than how I was, I don't know how much, you can never know. But me and the team can only grow up.

The goal is the attacker's food, but sometimes you don't look so much ravenous; why?
The goal is important, it trusts you and helps you to improve. But it's true, I'm very altruist, I like to play linking with the team; if I see someone in a better position than mine, I give him the ball.

Do you ever get angry?
Sometimes. And they say that when it happens, I play better. Being a bit more nasty, on the pitch, is one of the things I have to improve on. It's one of the things they often tell me.

Who is the more "bad guy" in Juve?
Definitely Giorgio. Always focused, angry, you never see him uncocentrated on the match. It's enough to see how he trains, the predisposition he's got every day, since the warming up, things who can be seen just by us.

When did your season change?
It's not been a goal, but the trust given by Coach; being able to play every match, it's what helped me to improve.

To the nice background now is only missing your girlfriend, Maria.
Now she's in Madrid, she's practising in a hospital, but in the new year she'll be here, in Molinette's hospital. We're together since 10 years, now I'm very happy.

Where did you know each other?
In Bilbao; in the recidence for not-hometown players there were even students, with her, from San Sebastiano, sudying Medicine.

Footballer and doctor, inedited couple.
She didn't like football at all at the beginning, but now, after all these years, watches all my matches.

She's jealous?
Not particularly, but after all every woman are so a bit.

And you?
She doesn't give me reasons to be so.

Always been a forward?
Yeah, since I was 11, in Athletic; always been a head taller than other kids.

Better with head or feet?
Originally feet. On-air game improved during my career. I had great masters, like Ismael Urziz, very good with head. I'm tall, it's a quality I need to use.

The head is more important to think or to score?
I had to keep it on track, to arrive on high levels in football.

11 years old, you went to Bilbao, 80 km from home. Very hard experience. The beginning of physical work with Conte?

(smiles) Even harder.

Your idle as a child?
I grew up in the period of the Cruyff "Dream Team" in Barcelona, so Laudrup, Ronaldo, Romario, Stoichkov.

Do you get inspired by other players?
Yeah, it's always important to learn from others. Most of all from those similar to me for height.

One of them?
Ibrahimovic.

One thing you like of Carlitos Tevez?
Just one? His personality, he's a warrior. For being short, he defends very well the ball with his back and handles the ball very well.

Scudetto, Coppa Italia, Europa League. Can you win them all?
That's what we want and for this reason we've gotta fight hard in every match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)