Fernando Llorente (5 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Superman? i don´t think so....:xmas:

- - - Updated - - -

By the way i can understand Athletic Clubs behaivour about all the Fernando LLorente´s affaire can be weird to you but you need to understand we don´t want money we need players, we can´t replace Fernando signing a replacement, there´s no other player in Basque Country similar to him, that´s why Athletic did what he did.

And another important fact is Fernando lied to the Club and to the crowd, if he wanted to leave he must tell before and avoid all this mess.

The point is Fernando is not a Athletic Club player anymore and his former´s club doors are closed for him forever, i believe he is a good player but i don´t know if he´s going to be good enough for a squad like Juventus, I know he is European and World Champion, yes yes but he played about 30 minutes on both championships and didn´t score a goal.
It is not our fault that you club plays by these self-imposed rules, and it does not validate the way Llorente was treated. What use would telling the club early do? As you said, they aren't interested in money and there is no one to replace him, so they wouldn't sell him anyway. He was a prisoner essentially.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Nah, come on.. If I try and put myself in the Bilbao fans' position, I can see why they would feel frustrated when losing the player and the chance to really cash in on him which was definitely not the case in January. If a current Juve player would take the same stand as Llorente did with Bilbao, we would be calling for his head as well, unless we're dealing with guys like Padoin or De Ceglie.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Nah, come on.. If I try and put myself in the Bilbao fans' position, I can see why they would feel frustrated when losing the player and the chance to really cash in on him which was definitely not the case in January. If a current Juve player would take the same stand as Llorente did with Bilbao, we would be calling for his head as well, unless we're dealing with guys like Padoin or De Ceglie.
But as was stated before, they don't want or need the money, just the purity of the bloodline.

May 15, 2013
Ok, i think nobody blames Juventus, they did a great move signing a good player for free.

The point is Fernando did it really bad, he was called to be a simbol in Athletic Club somehow like Del Piero is in Juventus but he spended his last three years in Bilbao telling us how much he loved the Club, how much he loved the city, telling us he was dreaming end his career in Bilbao... and the crowd believed him.

Llorente made a very strong bet on his participation in the last Euro to face from a strong position his contract´s renewal and he failed, he didn´t play any minutes and scored 0 goals, and from that moment he made his move to left Athletic Club and join Juventus.

Because our self-imposed rules Athletic Club had no room for maneuver, we simply were unable to sign another striker and the Club decided not to sell (by the way Athletic Club was his right) because the team needed Fernando´s goals to try to repeat last years role in Europa Leage and in domestic competitions.

What came next?, trouble, some of the crowd was really upset with Fernando and blame him, and Fernando simply decided to erase himself from the team lowering his playing level to a ridiculous role (didn´t run, didn´t jump, missing goals...), and in order to make the situation worse when any media from outside the Basque Country approached to him he said he were a pro and he were working hard while everybody in Bilbao were seeing the opposite.

Fortunately this situation is over, Fernando is history, and Athletic Club starts today a new season, we need to rebuild the squad but i believe we learnt a very important lesson for future situations.

For all of you who blames Athletic Club put in our shoes and imagine Alessandro Del Piero in his best years telling Juve in his last year of contract he is not going to renew because he want to go to.... Real Madrid for example, or remember what happened with Ibra when he dumped Juventus because the relegation.

Ending, its annoying to see how any of you are still blaming us with the racism.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
and Fernando simply decided to erase himself from the team lowering his playing level to a ridiculous role (didn´t run, didn´t jump, missing goals...), and in order to make the situation worse when any media from outside the Basque Country approached to him he said he were a pro and he were working hard while everybody in Bilbao were seeing the opposite.
Or maybe people in the Basque Country were clouded in their judgement?

Either way I know it's not the same for players when they decide to leave, not many put the same amount of effort in, especially if they feel anger from the fans. Also, when players leave then fans automatically start revising their views on a player, saying they are not that good or overrated. That happens all the time across football.

May 15, 2013
I´m partially agree with you Juvejay, it´s not easy to do your best when you are leaving but there are two points Fernando should face and he didn´t, first, many people were very angry with him but many others supported him until the las moment, playing at the level he did left his supporters defenseless, was very sad see people defending Fernando while he was walking on the pitch, second, you are not doing your best and i can understand why, but why are you saying so many nosenses to the press?, that was crap man and absolutely unnecesary

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
But as was stated before, they don't want or need the money, just the purity of the bloodline.
Might be but it's a little naïve not to think money is a factor at all. Surely both club and fans would've received the news with less frustration had Arsenal or Juventus activated a release clause of €25-30 than if he left on a free transfer. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have one of your best and most popular players leave at the end of the season having made it official many months before. At least when we cleaned out in 2006 it happened over the summer and we could only move forward from that point which doesn't seem to be the case for Bilbao.

May 15, 2013
Might be but it's a little naïve not to think money is a factor at all. Surely both club and fans would've received the news with less frustration had Arsenal or Juventus activated a release clause of €25-30 than if he left on a free transfer. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have one of your best and most popular players leave at the end of the season having made it official many months before. At least when we cleaned out in 2006 it happened over the summer and we could only move forward from that point which doesn't seem to be the case for Bilbao.
Agree, and it´s worst if you compare Llorente´s behaviour with Aguero´s, when he left Atletico Madrid to sign with Manchester City, he renew his contrat with a lower release fee and played the whole year at a great level, an argentinian did that for a team he was playing for 3 years, and Llorente?

Hard times for us

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at that t-shirt the other day, it was something like £100. No thanks...
Really????? waw it´s not crisis in Italy????

By the way i like a lot Juventus shirt, allways thougth it´s a fancy one, how much is worth without any name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)