Fernando Cavenaghi (1 Viewer)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
This guy was a teenage sensation when he was in River Plate. He scored 57 goals in 84 apperances for them. After his 6million euro move to Spartak, he just kept on falling..until we all have forgot about him. He managed to scored only 17 goals in two full seasons in Russia and firing blank in the champions league. In early January, he moved to Bordeux of France and have played only 9 games so far for them, scoring 2 goals.
What actually happen to this guy? Back in 05, before he moved to Russia, even Juve was linked with this prodigy. I once thought Juventus has finally found Del Piero's successor coz this kid has great atheletism and an eye for goal. Somehow I think his confidence was dashed during his time in Russia and a great talent has fallen. Another example of :"What If.."
Now, when talking about Argentina exciting young players, ppl will mention names like Lionel Messi,(he's my fav argentina player), Sergio Arguiero, Gabriel Milito etc...they have forgot once, there was this guy who graced the stage of Argentina league...
Fernando Cavenaghi.
http://ar.geocities.com/fer_cavenaghi03/

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i opened a thread here on him last year,i think.Ive always liked him as a player.I think he was probably not good enough.I dont think he fucked it up himself because he never got into discipline issues or anything in Russia as far as i remember.Or maybe he's a captialist.

Apr 12, 2004
This guy was a teenage sensation when he was in River Plate. He scored 57 goals in 84 apperances for them. After his 6million euro move to Spartak, he just kept on falling..until we all have forgot about him. He managed to scored only 17 goals in two full seasons in Russia and firing blank in the champions league. In early January, he moved to Bordeux of France and have played only 9 games so far for them, scoring 2 goals.
What actually happen to this guy? Back in 05, before he moved to Russia, even Juve was linked with this prodigy. I once thought Juventus has finally found Del Piero's successor coz this kid has great atheletism and an eye for goal. Somehow I think his confidence was dashed during his time in Russia and a great talent has fallen. Another example of :"What If.."
Now, when talking about Argentina exciting young players, ppl will mention names like Lionel Messi,(he's my fav argentina player), Sergio Arguiero, Gabriel Milito etc...they have forgot once, there was this guy who graced the stage of Argentina league...
Fernando Cavenaghi.
http://ar.geocities.com/fer_cavenaghi03/
Yea, I know about him, but he was just over-hyped and sputtered out.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
His former teammate and Argentinean compatriot D'Alessandro similarly went the less-trodden path with lukewarm results. It's anyone's guess whether they'd have met with a similar fate in Italy had Juve's advances proved successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)