Felipe Melo (362 Viewers)

Gheorghe Hagi

Jul 8, 2010
You guys are clueless on what I'm on. I watched both players last season. I was watching Vidal way before one of you even knew he actually existed. So don't come up to me with those smart ass comments.

This season Vidal by far, last season Melo by a step.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You guys are clueless on what I'm on. I watched both players last season. I was watching Vidal way before one of you even knew he actually existed. So don't come up to me with those smart ass comments.

Melo was never remotely close to being better than Vidal, this season or last season. FACT the only guy who is clueless here is you! I was watching Vidal when he was still a leverkusen player and i know for a fact there are quite a few others here who have too, so don't you dare come around thinking you know it all. Believe me i already know you're nothing but a bias galatasaray fan

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Come on man, it's like comparing Serie A and Serie B players, yeah, Melo did very well in Turkish league, but that doesn't mean we can honestly compare him to players from TOP5 leagues. Not because he's necceserily worse, but because they play on very different levels. For example Buffon may have been (probably was) the best goalkeeper in the world in 2006/07, but he hardly had a chance to prove it in a league were the biggest strikers were Belluci, Acquafreska and Papa Waigo.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Come on man, it's like comparing Serie A and Serie B players, yeah, Melo did very well in Turkish league, but that doesn't mean we can honestly compare him to players from TOP5 leagues, not because he's necceserily worse, but because they play on very different levels.
dont upset the turk, i mean lets face it last season's eboue is better than Lichtsteiner too!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Melo was never remotely close to being better than Vidal, this season or last season. FACT the only guy who is clueless here is you! I was watching Vidal when he was still a leverkusen player and i know for a fact there are quite a few others here who have too, so don't you dare come around thinking you know it all. Believe me i already know you're nothing but a bias galatasaray fan
Juve's true defender :touched:

Gheorghe Hagi

Jul 8, 2010
Like I said earlier, you're clueless on what you're talking about. The difference between the Melo of last season and the Melo of this season is his physical condition. From May to Aug. he did nothing but eat, drink and maybe some samba dance the whole summer because of long negotiations between the two clubs.

Pirlo was a pure loser untill he joined AC Milan and his performance sucked untill 2004 or 2005. I can give you many examples like this. These are players not robots.

I'll prove how pathetic your football knowledge is. Melo just needs to get in shape again and Terim will make that happen during the mid-season training. Let's just hope that it's Gala vs Juve next. I will make you eat your words.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching Vidal since he played for Coka-Cola and he is better than Melo.
It's Colo-colo.

- - - Updated - - -

Calaio scored 18 goals in Serie B, he's a beast!
He is better than this season's Yilmaz :agree:
Burak made it to CL's first 11.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914...-stage-messi-ronaldo-make?source=breakingnews

Gheorghe Hagi

Jul 8, 2010
Come on man, it's like comparing Serie A and Serie B players, yeah, Melo did very well in Turkish league, but that doesn't mean we can honestly compare him to players from TOP5 leagues. Not because he's necceserily worse, but because they play on very different levels. For example Buffon may have been (probably was) the best goalkeeper in the world in 2006/07, but he hardly had a chance to prove it in a league were the biggest strikers were Belluci, Acquafreska and Papa Waigo.
Melo did well both in La Liga and Serie A. You might have thought 25m was too much for Melo, but if you paid 15m, you might have thought it was a good deal indeed. The problem was Juve. It was like dead dirt on top of the team. You could've put Messi at those times and he'd most likely suck too.

Gheorghe Hagi

Jul 8, 2010
So basically Melo was one of the best midfielders in the world last season?
Yes.

Vidal and Melo are totally different players with different playing styles. But Melo's overall performance was better than Vidal's last season. Almost nobody here knows how Melo did last season, that's why I'm calling them clueless. But I know how Vidal did.

I assure your, next stages in CL will prove what I am trying to say here.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Like I said earlier, you're clueless on what you're talking about. The difference between the Melo of last season and the Melo of this season is his physical condition. From May to Aug. he did nothing but eat, drink and maybe some samba dance the whole summer because of long negotiations between the two clubs.

Pirlo was a pure loser untill he joined AC Milan and his performance sucked untill 2004 or 2005. I can give you many examples like this. These are players not robots.

I'll prove how pathetic your football knowledge is. Melo just needs to get in shape again and Terim will make that happen during the mid-season training. Let's just hope that it's Gala vs Juve next. I will make you eat your words.
Pirlo transfered to Milan at the age of 21 (I wonder if Immobile or Marrone are pure losers too) and he certainly did not suck until 2004 or 2005. And the reason people think that Melo ain't that good isn't because of his time in Turkey (I haven't seen a game in neither his good or bad season) but because of his time in Italy. For someone who nicknames himself pitbull he was incredibly lazy, that I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude is rarely seen in DM's, but Melo was special.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 362)