Felipe Melo (81 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was Secco's investment, not Marotta's. It's not his fault Secco "overpaid".
I am not asking to save the full investment, but at least not to sell out, losing more than 50% of the investment is a sell out and Marotta is selling out the majority of the players he sells.
In order to protect our property, he should try to avoid it. It is tougher with Secco's mess, i know, but it has been overexploited to justify Marotta's fault as well!
Marotta is not doing much better with his acquisitions either, Martinez, Krasic, Matri, Motta etc etc.
So he is still overpaying, hopefully in a lesser degree, but still does, as for the sales, he is completely incompetent no matter how you see it, no more excuses left now, we are champions, we are on top, we should be able to sell our top scorer for ex, for more than 70% of the invested sum... less than 50% is a disgrace!!

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I am not asking to save the full investment, but at least not to sell out, losing more than 50% of the investment is a sell out and Marotta is selling out the majority of the players he sells.
In order to protect our property, he should try to avoid it. It is tougher with Secco's mess, i know, but it has been overexploited to justify Marotta's fault as well!
Marotta is not doing much better with his acquisitions either, Martinez, Krasic, Matri, Motta etc etc.
So he is still overpaying, hopefully in a lesser degree, but still does, as for the sales, he is completely incompetent no matter how you see it, no more excuses left now, we are champions, we are on top, we should be able to sell our top scorer for ex, for more than 70% of the invested sum... less than 50% is a disgrace!!
And you're sure that he didn't try because you were in the same room with him whilst he was negotiating?

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
We bought melo for 25 mil , 3 years have passed so thanks to amortization
25 mil / 5 years = 5 mil per year
5 mil * 3 years = 15 mil
25 - 15 = 10 mil

If we sell melo for 10 we don't make a minus , we will probably sell him for 8 mil which means a 2 mil minus on the account books , which is pretty acceptable since he is on 3.6 mil wages .
There is no problem if we sell him for under 50% of what we got him , you don't and can't make a profit out of everything and even if you do you have to sell him for more than 10 mil to make a profit , there is no logical explanation why we should call it a success only if we sell him for over 50% (12.5 mil) .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you know what a buyer's market is? Do you see other teams battling Galatasaray to sign Melo? So you do one of the following;

1) Accept the €6m-€8m, get his €3.3m p/a salary off the wage bill.
2) Refuse to sell him for less than 50% of the fee we paid for him (which is €12m). The fact that no one will pay this price for him is a slight drawback, of course.
3) Keep him and his €3.3m p/a salary, despite him not being part of the coach's plans. Him being temperamental will surely benefit us in this scenario, as well.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Do you know what a buyer's market is? Do you see other teams battling Galatasaray to sign Melo? So you do one of the following;

1) Accept the €6m-€8m, get his €3.3m p/a salary off the wage bill.
2) Refuse to sell him for less than 50% of the fee we paid for him (which is €12m). The fact that no one will pay this price for him is a slight drawback, of course.
3) Keep him and his €3.3m p/a salary, despite him not being part of the coach's plans. Him being temperamental will surely benefit us in this scenario, as well.
Fuck you Jay. Facts and common sense have no place here. Get with the program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)