Felipe Melo (4 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
What the hell is wrong with this forum? Why do we always turn on the players that leave our team? Melo was good, in fact one of our better players last season and would surely add a lot to our central midfield setup.
We don't turn on the Neddys, The Camos or the Trezs

spot the difference between them and Melo

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't believe in these loans with the obligation to buy. Why not just call it what it is, a purchase paid in installments?
The reason Marotta did what he did is that installments in Italian football have to be payed in three installments and not four. Loaning them and paying for the loan before purchasing them was his way of getting around that.

I don't know whether the Melo loan is similar or not.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
They're only gentlemen agreements.

Not all SD care about respecting such agreements. Furthermore, We don't do deals with Turkish clubs often and therefore Galatasaray wouldn't care about ruining their relations with us.
There's gentleman agreements, there's loans with option to buy and there's loans with obligations to buy.

Meeeelan would be forced to buy Aquilani if he plays over 25 games.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We don't turn on the Neddys, The Camos or the Trezs

spot the difference between them and Melo
I don't care about all of that. When he was here, we were appreciating him for his performances but when he leaves people forget all of that and act as if he's a bad player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)