Felipe Melo (42 Viewers)

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Hi.

I'm Galatasaray fan. Our official web site stated that we are in talks with Felipe Melo as of yesterday but there's a lot of controversy about Felipe Melo among fans. Most of fans don't want him because they say that his performance at Juve was terrible and he is very inconsistent during games. What are his positive and negative sides you think? I've watched Juventus couple of times last year, I know that he's Gattuso type of player, he doesn't do a lot of smart decisions but do you guys think he's worth 10 millions?

I don't think we can pay him around 15 millions at all. I think loaning him with future fee would be the smartest option for us.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Hi.

I'm Galatasaray fan. Our official web site stated that we are in talks with Felipe Melo as of yesterday but there's a lot of controversy about Felipe Melo among fans. Most of fans don't want him because they say that his performance at Juve was terrible and he is very inconsistent during games. What are his positive and negative sides you think? I've watched Juventus couple of times last year, I know that he's Gattuso type of player, he doesn't do a lot of smart decisions but do you guys think he's worth 10 millions?

I don't think we can pay him around 15 millions at all. I think loaning him with future fee would be the smartest option for us.
He's been very good for us this season. One of our best players. Felipe Melo for €10 mln is a steal!

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Why would you guys sell him if he played really good last season, especially when you paid 25 million for him?

And where can I find his booking information while he was at Juve? I'm curious how many red cards he got at Juve in 2 seasons.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
its a strange enough decision to be selling Melo, but for 12m??? thats a fucking disgrace. Still, to try look on the bright side, i'd prefer him to be out of italy than with one of our direct rivals..perhaps he fell out with conte way back in late May, OR, he had fallen foul of some of the club's elder statesmenm like buffon or dp, who have voiced their concerns and dressing room secrets to Conte, leading him to decide to cull Melo, before even giving him a chance to impress.
This does not seem unlikely. We are way too desperate to get rid of him, even at a big loss.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Why would you guys sell him if he played really good last season, especially when you paid 25 million for him?

And where can I find his booking information while he was at Juve? I'm curious how many red cards he got at Juve in 2 seasons.
Long story, but we should never have paid €25 mln for him. The directors we had at that time were idiots. He failed miserably first season, but it wasn't his fault as our coach was incompetent and didn't know how to use players like him & Diego.

The reason he is being sold is unknown, I think we are trying to get so cash while we can as he is turning 29(?) soon.

As for the booking:
For Juventus in 2009/2010 he got yellow card 13 times, and got 2 red cards.

In 2010/2011 he got 8 yellow cards and 1 red card.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/48735/felipe-melo?cc=5739

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Satisfied with the answers :)

He would be suitable for us, because we wanted to get Cambiasso first but then didn't happen and we aimed for Melo. I think we are loaning him for this year with future transfer fee. It should be official by today or tomorrow.

Is anyone else interested in him beside us?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Hi.

Yeah, because the Turkish league is too much to handle for Felipe Melo. And only Zidanes play for Gala.

Tell your mates Byrone says Soap it and that Felipe was one of our best players last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)