Felipe Melo (162 Viewers)

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
He’s good, but NOT world class. He has very good technical and physical abilities.

But, come to mental abilities, he’s a fucking joke. Look at him in most of our games in counter-attacks, he jogs back lethargically. Above all, that Parma game. It was the turning point for our season, but surely I’m not blaming him for that season, but he fucked the morale of that struggling team.

His technical abilities are a luxury for a defensive midfielder, just get a disciplined DM instead of him.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
I know he aint the best out there in his position.. But he is the last thing we really need to worry about right now.. We need to splash the cash on one superstar, one who could change the game for us with a moment of magic (Aguero,Neymar,Sanchez).. After that, we should get a RB and maybe another CM.. Melo would do very good in a 3 man midfield with Pirlo and someone els (Inler?)... I hope he stays :heart:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He’s good, but world class. He has very good technical and physical abilities.

But, come to mental abilities, he’s a fucking joke. Look at him in most of our games in counter-attacks, he jogs back lethargically. Above all, that Parma game. It was the turning point for our season, but surely I’m not blaming him for that season, but he fucked the morale of that struggling team.

His technical abilities are a luxury for a defensive midfielder, just get a disciplined DM instead of him.
What absolute tosh. He is our best midfielder, and we aren't getting anyone better :andyandbarcelona:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
his reputation of being a lunatic is exxagerated, mainly through his eccentric behaviour...but in terms of actual damage to the team. He was sent off once, and gave a game away. So was Buffon, whose red card could also have been easily avoided, and it led to us losing that game. Other than that...6 yellows in 29 league games, as a combative midfielder??? hardly worth worrying about. Inler stats are...1red, 5 yellow in 35 games. However, Inler has more forward movement in his job than Melo. Also...he was playing for a team that were hugely superior to us in terms of togetherness and ability to retain possession. That explains a difference, but the difference in discipline records is small, as you can see.

the parma game was a turning point, but to blame melo is pointless and unfair...especially considering how consistent he was for the rest of the season, before and after that game. More consistent than anyone else in our squad. And if you want to blame Melo for losing us that game, then also blame buffon for losing us the lecce game.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
And if you want to blame Melo for losing us that game, then also blame buffon for losing us the lecce game.
Did Buffon attack his teammates in a disrespectful manner like Melo did?

I don't know how the discussion drifted to him staying or leaving. No one is denying Melo's techincal abilities, but let's face it, the man has a serious mental problem for a position that requires any professional player to maintain his cool and focus.

The point is, Melo should be fined. If he's not okay with it, then he doesn't care about this team and should leave. I don't think the transfer market options in this particular position are limited.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
his reputation of being a lunatic is exxagerated, mainly through his eccentric behaviour...but in terms of actual damage to the team. He was sent off once, and gave a game away. So was Buffon, whose red card could also have been easily avoided, and it led to us losing that game. Other than that...6 yellows in 29 league games, as a combative midfielder??? hardly worth worrying about. Inler stats are...1red, 5 yellow in 35 games. However, Inler has more forward movement in his job than Melo. Also...he was playing for a team that were hugely superior to us in terms of togetherness and ability to retain possession. That explains a difference, but the difference in discipline records is small, as you can see.

the parma game was a turning point, but to blame melo is pointless and unfair...especially considering how consistent he was for the rest of the season, before and after that game. More consistent than anyone else in our squad. And if you want to blame Melo for losing us that game, then also blame buffon for losing us the lecce game.
First of all, I said clearly that I don’t blame Melo for that shameful season. About Buffon, who said I don’t blame him for Lecce’s match?

And my point isn’t about Melo’s combative game, it’s about his stupid actions he does on the pitch. He gets red carded for very violent actions, as he’s can be irritated easily. Imagine Melo is playing a game against a player like Busquets; Melo would be sent off in the tunnel before the game.

My point is that Melo is lethargic and wasn’t THAT excellent as you people claim; he was just good. That position is extremely crucial and we need a more dynamic and sane DM. That’s just my opinion.

Should’ve asked a harder question :(

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
While we’re at it, who will win 2014 World Cup?
Argentina to shock Brazil and the World in an epic final ;) However, we are still 3 years away from that. Things will probably have changed by then. Italy might have quality players, Messi might be injured, Neymar and Lucas might be jailed for drunk driving and sleeping around with multiple ladyboys.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

I don't know how the discussion drifted to him staying or leaving. No one is denying Melo's techincal abilities, but let's face it, the man has a serious mental problem for a position that requires any professional player to maintain his cool and focus.

The point is, Melo should be fined. If he's not okay with it, then he doesn't care about this team and should leave. I don't think the transfer market options in this particular position are limited.
buffon disrespected not just his team-mates but the club and its history, when see laughing and joking with gattusso after contributing to our defeat in that match. I still love Buffon...but equally logical would be for both Melo and Buffon to be fined and severely reprimanded by the management. And when Melo's midfield stats...fouls, tackles, cards are similar to other mainly combative midfielders, its not accurate to focus too much on his eccentricity when measuring his value to the team.

Its a lot worse, for me, in buffon's case. as one of the oldest, most experienced, most succesful players in our team, the rest of the squad look to him and DP in times of dismay...and what do they see??? A man with Juve in his DNA??? Or a former great, picking up huge wages and simply going through the motions, seeming to lack interest in victory or defeat.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006

And you really think Melo said it this way without the media twisting his words? :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)