Felipe Melo (9 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It doesn't matter. If they supposedly value him to be the equivalent of what we just discussed than he must be worth that. Also his being erratic shouldn't negate his quality at the international level. I think you're being a bit harsh coz he may not be worth 25m, that we paid to buy out his clause, but he's definitely the kind of player who'd walk into most starting elevens across Europe. Based on both, personality and ability. Also I feel like his inconsistency this term has been a function of the team's failure as a collective and a general lack of overall continuity due to injuries and suspensions.

May 22, 2007
It doesn't matter. If they supposedly value him to be the equivalent of what we just discussed than he must be worth that. Also his being erratic shouldn't negate his quality at the international level. I think you're being a bit harsh coz he may not be worth 25m, that we paid to buy out his clause, but he's definitely the kind of player who'd walk into most starting elevens across Europe. Based on both, personality and ability. Also I feel like his inconsistency this term has been a function of the team's failure as a collective and a general lack of overall continuity due to injuries and suspensions.
That doesn't mean Juventus won't be getting more than what I'd demand for him.

I don't think I'm being harsh in not valuing him amongst the best central midfielders in the world. He can be very good on his day, and then look lost the next.

May 22, 2007
Melo IS world class.. You cant expect him to perform at his best in a team that are 7'th in serie a!.. He would be a starter in all the big teams in Europe right now..
Seriously, he was shit all last season and this year he's been very inconsistent. There isn't any evidence of him being in the top players in his position in the world.

May 4, 2004
Juve has been shit all last season and from January this year as well.. Melo was a beast from August and untill he got that red card vs Parma.. Im not saying he is the best at his position, but he could be a starter in; Milan, Inter, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Bayern and maybe also Madrid (Khadira), Barca (Busquets), Chelsea (Mikel)..

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Yeah that was pretty much a joke. The man had a beyond horrible season last year + screwed up his national team chances in the world cup. Inconsistent with us this season so far.

He can be great sometimes but fucks up many many times. Players with brainfarts like him and Balotelli called "world classes" is a crime in itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)