Felipe Melo (307 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Now that is what you call a mistake. Not last game lol. Sometimes I really wonder what he's thinking. Who tries to jet kick someone in the penalty area? How did he ever think that would work?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Other than the sudden brain dead he got during the penalty, i think he was among the better performers for our team today. He was the only one running all the way back to stop the counter attack and he got his emotions carried away. We had hopeless Grygera at the back and Iaquinta brilliant backwards header to start the penalty episode.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
BTW,the defence was exposed in the counter-attack that led to the penalty becouse of him,even more than DC.

If u see it from the beginning,u will find that melo noticed the presence of the player on the right side n instead of covering him he blindly went to the player with the ball who was already facing Giorgio.

Now some of would say that their right winger is DC's one,that is true but in that case DC had to cover the player who was behind Giorgio n he did indeed.

If Melo has covered that right winger,the player with ball would had not played it to him n instead he would have chosen to dribble Giorgio,the thing that he will never be able to do even in his dreams.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's not his fault that we still don't know how to defend counter attacks, especially from corner kicks in our favor.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He messed up on the penalty but otherthan that he played well.
He played ok. He had purpose going forward at times, his passing was also quite good. That penalty... well it wasn't his challenge to make. He shouldn't have been having to run back there in the first place but hey, he was the only one willing to run back for the team. It was a bad challenge but jesus, I can't crusify the guy for working so hard. There are so many other players who are much more responsible for the loss.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I wasn't talking about that specifically. We do, however, give opposition counter attacks too often from lost possession in our attacking third. That is what I was going at.
I know. I was specifically talking on the amount of goals we concede on counter attacks from cleared corner kicks and free kicks in our favor. Our positioning is somewhat wrong.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
He messed up on the penalty but otherthan that he played well.
Now that is what you call a mistake. Not last game lol. Sometimes I really wonder what he's thinking. Who tries to jet kick someone in the penalty area? How did he ever think that would work?
Other than the sudden brain dead he got during the penalty, i think he was among the better performers for our team today. He was the only one running all the way back to stop the counter attack and he got his emotions carried away. We had hopeless Grygera at the back and Iaquinta brilliant backwards header to start the penalty episode.
:lol: wow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 307)