Felipe Melo (70 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
How much would Melo be worth now? I don't think it is a good idea to buy high and sell low! He must have done something right to start for Brazil and cost us a fortune last season!
he had ONE good season with fiorentina and made the brazil NT before confed cup last year. That's all he did really.

You have to take into account we had Secco managing transfers last season, so we had a major handicap

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2009
There is a bright side of being such a brainless ape. At least he wont take the incoming wave of criticism to deep and what happened yesterday wont affect his psychical condition for to long.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
I feel sorry for him, he was owning the midfield in the first half, he is one of my favorite Juve players, even tho many hate or dont like him. When he kicked Robben and yes Robben went to the groud very very easy, i was like Melo ,wtf there are millions of people watching you moron. I can't say i dislike him now and not only because it's because of him that Brazil went to 10 men but i still rate him highly, maybe it was all the frustration that he got over him last season and stuff. I don't know really but i feel sad for him that he can't even go back to Brazil to his wife and kids. He did it in a moment and everybody can do something stupid in a flash of a second.
Remember this is a dutch guy defending him aswell, i hope he will shine for us next season and show the world what he is still capable off.
Felipe Melo:tup:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
He did it in a moment and everybody can do something stupid in a flash of a second.
Remember this is a dutch guy defending him aswell, i hope he will shine for us next season and show the world what he is still capable off.
See thats the problem right there, its not an isolated accident . If it was, i wouldn't even care and it does happen to players every now and then that they get a red card or score an own goal.

But with Melo it happens in many games and specially in games when its tough and needs a mental strength (remember his nightmare performance last season against Bayern in turin). You guys should re-watch every single game last season for us with Melo playing and watch how he goes mental when players slightly touch him or have a normal contact with him (he steps on them, run at them like crazy to start a fight...) you can't be a professional player playing for one of the biggest clubs out there with that kind of attitude, he simply can't survive the big stage.

As for those who compare him to Montero, am sorry guys but you definitely haven't seen Montero in his time here. They are 100% different players with "totally" different mentalities. Montero never steps on players with no reason or pick up fights like a 12 year old kid all the time.

If he did for a CB that would be suicidal move for his career he wouldn't have survived in this club for more than half a season. Montero never was anything like Melo....

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
See thats the problem right there, its not an isolated accident . If it was, i wouldn't even care and it does happen to players every now and then that they get a red card or score an own goal.

But with Melo it happens in many games and specially in games when its tough and needs a mental strength (remember his nightmare performance last season against Bayern in turin). You guys should re-watch every single game last season for us with Melo playing and watch how he goes mental when players slightly touch him or have a normal contact with him (he steps on them, run at them like crazy to start a fight...) you can't be a professional player playing for one of the biggest clubs out there with that kind of attitude, he simply can't survive the big stage.

+rep

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

As for those who compare him to Montero, am sorry guys but you definitely haven't seen Montero in his time here. They are 100% different players with "totally" different mentalities. Montero never steps on players with no reason or pick up fights like a 12 year old kid all the time.

If he did for a CB that would be suicidal move for his career he wouldn't have survived in this club for more than half a season. Montero never was anything like Melo....
Well said :tup:

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006

I agree 100% with you m8, i do!
But tbf we had Nedved to do the same many times. I just hope Melo will get some menthal training and get his head up and clear because the first 5 matches he played really wel for us and didnt loose his head like he did many games and yesterday. Anyways like i said i still have faith in him!

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005

Good post! :hi:

faank

Sep 27, 2008
As for those who compare him to Montero, am sorry guys but you definitely haven't seen Montero in his time here.
Well, I saw Montero quite a bit but I do admit that my memory is not serving me the way it should. Still, I remember that Montero lost his calm many times. I am sure you also remember some useless fouls from him which did not help us back then to say the least. Being shown a red card always gets a team in serious trouble and he had the privilege to be shown the most in the history of Serie A (again I may be wrong but this is how I recall). Of course, he was a great player nonetheless and we won a lot with him. I, for one loved his game and what he brought to our team.

What about Camo with the fouls and cards he's been making and getting for the last couple of years? In fact, Camo has been just as a headcase as Melo imho and made some really disgusting fouls. Yes, he has been a fantastic player and we won a lot with him, too. Indeed, I love Camo, he is one of my all time favorite footballers.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending Melo's behaviour, it is childish and certainly hurts the team. I actually agree with your point that Melo tends to commit these brainless fouls when it matters loads. He def needs to get his sht together. The points that I'm trying to make: 1. I'm willing to bet that no one would complain this much about Melo's red cards if we won scudettos one after another like we did with Montero. 2. Once again, I may be wrong but I see great potential in Melo if we use him correctly. I'd like him to stay for another year. If he does not improve, I'll just eat my words and be the first to say to sell him. But if he does and helps the team to get better and win in the long run, I won't care a second if he's shown the way to the locker room once or twice a season. I may be alone but I see the latter happening if all goes well.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Well, I saw Montero quite a bit but I do admit that my memory is not serving me the way it should. Still, I remember that Montero lost his calm many times. I am sure you also remember some useless fouls from him which did not help us back then to say the least. Being shown a red card always gets a team in serious trouble and he had the privilege to be shown the most in the history of Serie A (again I may be wrong but this is how I recall). Of course, he was a great player nonetheless and we won a lot with him. I, for one loved his game and what he brought to our team.

What about Camo with the fouls and cards he's been making and getting for the last couple of years? In fact, Camo has been just as a headcase as Melo imho and made some really disgusting fouls. Yes, he has been a fantastic player and we won a lot with him, too. Indeed, I love Camo, he is one of my all time favorite footballers.

Just to clarify, I'm not defending Melo's behaviour, it is childish and certainly hurts the team. I actually agree with your point that Melo tends to commit these brainless fouls when it matters loads. He def needs to get his sht together. The points that I'm trying to make: 1. I'm willing to bet that no one would complain this much about Melo's red cards if we won scudettos one after another like we did with Montero. 2. Once again, I may be wrong but I see great potential in Melo if we use him correctly. I'd like him to stay for another year. If he does not improve, I'll just eat my words and be the first to say to sell him. But if he does and helps the team to get better and win in the long run, I won't care a second if he's shown the way to the locker room once or twice a season. I may be alone but I see the latter happening if all goes well.
I never saw Montero show petulance, which Melo does often. The uruguayans vicious streak showed itself in a more manly way. He could make opponents melt purely with a glare...playing against Melo, an opponent could employ the tactic of winding him up, knowing sooner or later he will do something stupid. Winding Montero up, could lead not just to serious injury, but also death. As someone else mentioned above, bearing in mind that montero's main job was to tackle, if he was consistently exploding, he would not have been such a mainstay of the most successful and entertaining Juve teams I have ever seen. I always saw montero as STEEL. Whereas Melo lacks steel in the head. He uses his physical bulk and childishness more than a true Killer Instinct, which Montero had in spades.

Facing the two, indeed, it would be Montero who struck fear into opponents, whereas Melo offers an opportunity to get himself sent off easily.

After seeing him in the world cup, and also reading more of his comments, I would be happy to see Melo leave now, especially if we grab Clichy and some $. The only thing which makes me think twice on that matter is that Prandelli had Melo playing very well, week in week out. And last season we had awful man management. Del Neri and marotta had another player to deal with at Samp, who suffered from extreme petulance and egotism, and they curbed that side of him, allowing his footballing talents to take centre stage...the difference is, to me, even with his stupidity, Cassano was a troubled genius. is Melo the same???? is he truly a diamond in the rough??? Can we, and do we need to risk him staying, when we have marchisio, momo, poulsen to play in the middle????

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I feel sorry for him, he was owning the midfield in the first half, he is one of my favorite Juve players, even tho many hate or dont like him. When he kicked Robben and yes Robben went to the groud very very easy, i was like Melo ,wtf there are millions of people watching you moron. I can't say i dislike him now and not only because it's because of him that Brazil went to 10 men but i still rate him highly, maybe it was all the frustration that he got over him last season and stuff. I don't know really but i feel sad for him that he can't even go back to Brazil to his wife and kids. He did it in a moment and everybody can do something stupid in a flash of a second.
I see him more like Roy Keane of MU in terms of his temper. But Melo really need to be more mature and smart to handle such a pressure when his team a goal down.. I believe if Roy Keane is in Melo's position against Holland, he will also slap Robben but he will do it smarter..

And i am too lazy to check about Melo statistic before comes to Juve.. But i curious if he is the same player with high temper when he played for Fiorentina, Almeria, or his clubs in Brazil? I never heard of him being such a bad ass moron since i know him when he played for Fiorentina.. I do have feeling he has to much pressure after a disastrous season in Juve, his price tag, the worst transfer award. Because i don't see him like this also when he played in South American Cup and Confederation cup before he came to Juve..

And i would be against selling him right now, when his price is decrease just because this Brazil - Holland incident

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i didnt see much of melo at fiorentina but obviously he had a very good season under prandelli. From seeing him at juve, in one of the worst seasons ever probably didnt show what he is really capable of...if we assume he should leave based on last season then so should half of the team.

However, what concerns me is whether he is the player who should be in the centre for this new juve team. Not exactly sure what del neri would be looking for...but based on how brasil plays and how why teh club brought him in last season, it seems a 4-4-2 probably doesnt suit him best.

If the offer is right, and cash plus clichy would be more than fine for me.

We have Marchisio, Sissoko and Poulsen for back up...we would need at last one more all rounder CM in teh squad and we should be right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)