Felipe Melo (336 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, regardless of system. Whether you play possession football or sit back for the counter-attack, you can't have someone who gives the ball away or can't make good on the few opportunities to spring an attack that we'd have.
If you play a defensive 4-4-2, like Juve did, I think there is a place for a pure destroyer, but only if he is played beside a decent passer.

No point in Sissoko unless he is played beside a passer (and is trained to relentlessly give the ball to that passer), though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Compared to the passers we do have now he is exceptional.

No one wants to buy a midfield here, but I would rather spend the money on a CM where passing is his strongest attribute than spend mega money on two wingers when we can use Gio, Diego, and maybe Candreva or Rodriguez.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The thing with Melo and Sissoko both is that it doesn't matter if they have a good passer next to them because they both hang onto the ball too long. What is the point of having a Pirlo or Xavi when you won't use him.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what do you mean? it worked pretty well (considering the limiations of the team) until the 2nd part of the season when sissoko got injured and the midfield fell apart.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok what? are you saying we weren't doing good in first half of season 08/09?

watch the real games againg. that is an example of what red means by us not playing a possession game

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
no this season it was suppsed to be possession football. hence our pursuit of diego and d'ago/melo.

it failed because we had not the right players and the right tactician.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I wonder how he'll be in the World Cup. If he's playing anywhere close to as he's been playing for us most of the season then Brazil can kiss winning the WC goodbye.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Melo critical of Juve Wednesday 12 May, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felipe Melo has rejected claims that he doesn't deserve to be in the Brazil side by saying that Juventus lost five out of six games without him this season.

The 26-year-old midfielder who cost Juventus €25m last summer was voted Flop of the Year in January.

Speaking to ESPN Brazil, Melo was asked if he thought his first season in Turin had been a disappointment.

“I do not agree. Juventus have lost five out of six games without me.

“I play at Juventus like I played at Fiorentina, but they paid €25m for me and for this reason the people expect me to score in every game.

“Last season I was better at stealing balls from my opponents. I participated in the Confederations Cup last summer and I am always playing.

It's right to say that this season hasn't gone how we expected, but everyone at Juve didn't have the season they expected.

“If Juve had won six games more everyone would be speaking about the wonders of Felipe Melo,”
he concluded.

What a tool :andyandbarcelona:

FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 336)