Felipe Melo (350 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Not sure what folks are talking about here. I haven't really seen much of Melo "intentionally hurting" someone; that would be difficult to prove anyway. Much of what I've seen are just really clumsy tackles, professional fouls and boneheaded errors. While that has certainly cost us, his exuberant and somewhat scary passion has not, as much of it is in the form of facial expressions and fist pumping like we have seen. Nothing wrong with that. Refs can't card a guy for looking mentally challenged because if so, Rooney would be sent off at kickoff.

Again, criticize players for what actually matters and his true weaknesses in form and ability. Melo's errors are not temper related, but rather related to temperament.
Have I created this memory, or did it really happen...in one of his first few official matches for us, I saw him make a crunching tackle, in which he took both the player and ball...the play was moved to another area of the pitch, but Melo, was pumping his fists in the air, with a wild grimace on his face, roaring like a berserker....'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'. He then started looking around, and Sali was nearby, my instincts told me that melo was going to chin the goblin, then continue playing as if nothing untoward had occured... I fucking loved him for that...Not only a regular for the finest national team in the game presently, but also, tinged with lunacy. we NEED more of that ilk, not less...as only Chiellini and Buffon show a similar ummm...Desire and determination...Well, there is also Iaquinta, but he has been in the grave so long that I consider him presently dead..but soon to be revived.

Either way, EVERY team needs some nutcases. Melo is a lot better than many people have concluded. He has suffered as the team has suffered. Its not that the team has suffered, mainly because of Melo. His midfield compatriots have not fared much better. Marchisio, bright sparks, but not fire...Momo, passing has got worse, and i didn't think that possible. Poulsen, 5% improvement on last season, but still wretched. Tiago...thankfully exiled...

Forza Felipe...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
Arsenal's Arsène Wenger looks to Felipe Melo after Aaron Ramsey injury

The Arsenal manager tried to sign Melo from Fiorentina last summer only to be priced out of the market by Juventus but, with the 26-year-old having struggled this season, there has been the suggestion that he is unsettled.

Wenger will again have money to spend in the summer transfer window and he already knows that he will enter next season with his midfield resources depleted. Ramsey is expected to be out for eight months after the double fracture of his right leg that he suffered at Stoke City on Saturday.

"We were interested in Melo during the summer," said Wenger. "We watched him in Brazil's international at the Emirates, against Italy [in February 2009], when he had an outstanding game. Then he went to Juventus and that team has struggled and certainly he has not had the season that everyone predicted he would. We still think he is a very talented player and with Gilberto Silva, Brazil have a very useful pair in midfield. We are still looking at Melo."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/02/arsene-wenger-felipe-melo-arsenal

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I haven't given up on him yet. I expect so much more of him and know he can deliver, but if Arsenal is willing to match what we paid and he wants to go....

attila_huno

Dec 18, 2007
Have I created this memory, or did it really happen...in one of his first few official matches for us, I saw him make a crunching tackle, in which he took both the player and ball...the play was moved to another area of the pitch, but Melo, was pumping his fists in the air, with a wild grimace on his face, roaring like a berserker....'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'. He then started looking around, and Sali was nearby, my instincts told me that melo was going to chin the goblin, then continue playing as if nothing untoward had occured... I fucking loved him for that...Not only a regular for the finest national team in the game presently, but also, tinged with lunacy. we NEED more of that ilk, not less...as only Chiellini and Buffon show a similar ummm...Desire and determination...Well, there is also Iaquinta, but he has been in the grave so long that I consider him presently dead..but soon to be revived.

Either way, EVERY team needs some nutcases. Melo is a lot better than many people have concluded. He has suffered as the team has suffered. Its not that the team has suffered, mainly because of Melo. His midfield compatriots have not fared much better. Marchisio, bright sparks, but not fire...Momo, passing has got worse, and i didn't think that possible. Poulsen, 5% improvement on last season, but still wretched. Tiago...thankfully exiled...

Forza Felipe...
that was a sliding tackle on Vucinic in the first leg against Roma.
it appears in most highlights videos of that game

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
'Juve have to beat Fiorentina'
Wednesday 3 March, 2010
Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo believes his side have to beat Fiorentina this weekend if they are to qualify for next year's Champions League.

The 26-year-old, who was in action for Brazil last night against the Republic of Ireland at the Emirates, has been heavily criticised following his move from the Viola in the summer.

Speaking to Sky Sport 24, Melo said: “I am doing well with Zaccheroni. I have improved.

“Aside from the knock out suffered against Palermo, we are now starting to win.

“We expect a difficult match against Fiorentina. They are a very good team tactically but it's a game that we have to win because we are Juventus and Juventus always have to win.”

Asked if he would feel any emotion on returning to Florence for the first time since his transfer in June, Melo said: “Sure, it will be special to return to Florence.

“It's a city that I will always remember and carry in my heart. Florence gave me everything: the Brazil team and… Juve.

http://football-italia.net/mar3j.html

Brilliant. :D

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
he has improved a lot recently, I wouldn´t sell him.
juventus was double crossed by paying firenze 20 and i donno how many mils for a fat brown brazilian rat. He indeed played better in the last 3,4 matches but before that he was a complete disaster..oh how i remember how his representation with milan. I'm sick of all the games he couldn't deliver a simple pass + those tones of stupid fouls. I would sell him, and keep momo..eventually bring a cm instead of him because this ain't the way (playing with 2 dms)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
last night for Brazil i seen him play a 35 yeard crossfield pass,i sat tehre and wondered "why can't he do that for us??"

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
last night for Brazil i seen him play a 35 yeard crossfield pass,i sat tehre and wondered "why can't he do that for us??"
i want to compare brazil national squad with juve:
buffon = julio cesar
grygera,zebina,caceres<maicon,alves
cannavaro,chiellini,legrottaglie=lucio,luisao,juan
de ceglie,grosso<ramires
sissoko,marchisio,poulsen,candreva,diego<kaka,gilberto,robinho,bastos,josue
del piero,trezeguet,amauri,iaquinta,giovinco=grafite,nilmar,adriano,

somethin like dat,

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
for the same reason I wonder why lower table teams can play great passing football, have their players move into space and watch their players close down opposition, while we look like a bottom of the table serie b team,not a CL team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 350)