Felipe Melo (70 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Nothing wrong with his attitude. Chill the feck out.
No there is something wrong with he's attitude if you don't see that then you're just a blind fan boy, sorry....

How many times the guy got yellow and red cards for absolutely ridiculous excuses. How many times he charge up at opposition players trying to hurt them "intentionally" this season?! It's not the first time and it won't be the last unless someone sort it out from the management.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No there is something wrong with he's attitude if you don't see that then you're just a blind fan boy, sorry....

How many times the guy got yellow and red cards for absolutely ridiculous excuses. How many times he charge up at opposition players trying to hurt them "intentionally" this season?! It's not the first time and it won't be the last unless someone sort it out from the management.
"Just a blind fan boy." Is that your way of arguing? You must be a neo-Nazi, anti-Brazilian, Italien wannabe.

He doesn't intentionally try to hurt opponents. If it happened, it's rare. You make it sound like a regular thing. If you want robotic players with no emotion, then, well you won't really find much of those. I like when my players get fired up once in a while.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

:lol:

One of the many "Juventuzisms"...

Fan-boy, overrated, mediocrity, juvematerial....blah blah blah

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We are so resourceful when we want to bash Melo...
Give him a break, he had a really bad time and things are finally starting to work out for him!
He had ambitions and he really wants to "fight" for our team, we should be thankful if any...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not sure what folks are talking about here. I haven't really seen much of Melo "intentionally hurting" someone; that would be difficult to prove anyway. Much of what I've seen are just really clumsy tackles, professional fouls and boneheaded errors. While that has certainly cost us, his exuberant and somewhat scary passion has not, as much of it is in the form of facial expressions and fist pumping like we have seen. Nothing wrong with that. Refs can't card a guy for looking mentally challenged because if so, Rooney would be sent off at kickoff.

Again, criticize players for what actually matters and his true weaknesses in form and ability. Melo's errors are not temper related, but rather related to temperament.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
"Just a blind fan boy." Is that your way of arguing? You must be a neo-Nazi, anti-Brazilian, Italien wannabe.

He doesn't intentionally try to hurt opponents. If it happened, it's rare. You make it sound like a regular thing. If you want robotic players with no emotion, then, well you won't really find much of those. I like when my players get fired up once in a while.
It's a regular thing not a one off act. He did it many times this season and he'll continue to do it more in the future if no one steps in and talk to him. Am not saying he must be robotic but atleast he should act as a professional player and try to calm himself down.

Everyone gets emotional and sometimes you lose it but as a professional who gets paid for what he does he should at least think twice before acting that way. In that last game, he gets a yellow card and yet he's still provoking the ref if not for del piero who was pushing him back, Any other ref could easily gave him a red card for that.

As for the fan-boy thing didn't meant to offend you or anyone. No hard feelings :beer:

Not sure what folks are talking about here. I haven't really seen much of Melo "intentionally hurting" someone; that would be difficult to prove anyway. Much of what I've seen are just really clumsy tackles, professional fouls and boneheaded errors. While that has certainly cost us, his exuberant and somewhat scary passion has not, as much of it is in the form of facial expressions and fist pumping like we have seen. Nothing wrong with that. Refs can't card a guy for looking mentally challenged because if so, Rooney would be sent off at kickoff.

Again, criticize players for what actually matters and his true weaknesses in form and ability. Melo's errors are not temper related, but rather related to temperament.
I really don't think its just clumsy tackles. Sissoko tackles were clumsly when he first moved here. Yet he tried to change that in he's game and he managed to do it after a while.

No one can prove that melo is intentionally doing it or not but thats what i honestly think and i don't think am the only one who see's that.

:lol:

One of the many "Juventuzisms"...

Fan-boy, overrated, mediocrity, juvematerial....blah blah blah
:jck2:

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

Do you forget that a player by the name of Paolo Montero played for us? He has the record for most red cards received in Serie A, he played for us for 9 seasons. He was feared by everybody, and was an essential player for the team, kind of like Melo. Basically my point is, you can't control him, his attitude is a part of him, the South American fury runs through his veins, but he's a passionate player that gives it his all for this team. So don't complain, we kinda of already new these types of situations were going to happen when we purchase him from the Viola. But I'm glad we did, because he's a fantastic player.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
When on form he is a fantastic player to watch, plius you can get few episodes which will make you laugh and at the same time love even more this player.

The only problem I have with him is his sometime stupid decision making with the ball in our own half, certainly not his temper, I love to see him go all bananas after he blocked a shot - awesome player! :)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Felipe Melo - 7: Broke up play and distributed the ball to his more attack minded colleagues. His manager, Dunga, built a career on it. A muscular and forceful prospect in midfield.

Thats what he should be doing in our 4-2-3-1, breaking up plays and distribute them to one of Giovinco, Diego or Camoranesi so they can do something offensively. He was so good at it last time we played 4-2-3-1. Hopefully, they'll stop using him in a 4-3-1-2 where he needs to do so much more things he isn't capable of doing. It shouldn't be that hard for professional coaches to figure that out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)