Felipe Melo (97 Viewers)

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Melo: 'Juve as strong as Inter'
Saturday 6 February, 2010
Felipe Melo has made the bold claim that “Inter are not stronger than Juventus, we just had an inexperienced Coach.”

The Bianconeri are floundering in joint fifth place and crashed out of both the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

“It is wrong to say that Inter are stronger than Juventus,” Melo told Brazilian site globoesporte.com.

“We beat them in Turin before Christmas and the Coppa Italia quarter-final was also in the balance, so we could’ve won that too.

“The truth is that we are a team under construction and were handed to an inexperienced Coach, whereas Inter have been together for longer and have a great tactician on the bench.”

Melo has been blamed by some quarters for the poor campaign so far, along with fellow summer signing Diego.

Instead when speaking to the Brazilian media he seems to suggest Ciro Ferrara was at fault for this disastrous season.

Last week Ferrara was fired and replaced by the more experienced Alberto Zaccheroni.

Melo will have a point to prove this evening, as he is one of the only available midfielders for the trip to Livorno.

Momo Sissoko is suspended along with Zdenek Grygera, while the injury list extends to Vincenzo Iaquinta, Mauro Camoranesi, David Trezeguet, Christian Poulsen, Claudio Marchisio and Hasan Salihamidzic.

Football Italia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got to admit, the man has a point:tup:

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
He's right but he shouldn't have talked like this about Ferrara, Buffon said "we're all to blame for Ferrara's sacking" I think, which is more accurate and respectful

Melo's awesome though

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
He's right but he shouldn't have talked like this about Ferrara, Buffon said "we're all to blame for Ferrara's sacking" I think, which is more accurate and respectful

Melo's awesome though

Well, Melo obviously wasn't as close to Ciro as Buffon is. They have been teammates & club-mates for years ...

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Melo hasn't showed any intelligence on the pitch and I actually never expected from him to do it off the pitch. I'm starting to dislike this player more and more. He should stop moaning and start caring about not loosing his spot when Marchisio and Poulsen is back. We surely would've been closer to Inter if Melo had played like 20million midfielder, he should look at himself first.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
“We beat them in Turin before Christmas and the Coppa Italia quarter-final was also in the balance, so we could’ve won that too.

“The truth is that we are a team under construction and were handed to an inexperienced Coach, whereas Inter have been together for longer and have a great tactician on the bench.”
We're not as strong as Inter, not even close! Sampdoria beat them too, are they also stronger than Inter?

Were you handed to an inexperienced coach who asked you to misplace simple passes and do magical backheels in our penalty area?

Stupid comments. I wish he learns how to comment properly like DP, Buffon and Chiellini or at least his countryman Diego.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The boy just said what thinks. Stop blaming him.
You can don't read him if you don't like and read some another politically correct but fullish stories .
I'm sorry but that's just bullshit opinion. You can not read my posts either lol and read whatever you like. If every discussion would end like this, there would be no point in having a discussion.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He has made some silly/unnecessary comments... of course being a footballer, all too often that's par for the course.

Still, little by little this guy is slowly starting to come around. So here's a big Forza Melo. We badly need him to play up to his potential.

Hopefully when I wake up, he'll be ready to knock the shit out of Livorno. We need a fucking win, and to accomplish that, he's likely going to have to boss that midfield tomorrow. Err... today. I'm actually a bit nervous to see what Zac comes up with... hopefully it will involve Seba. Time for sleep.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The boy just said what thinks. Stop blaming him.
You can don't read him if you don't like and read some another politically correct but fullish stories .
But I already read it, that's why I didn't like his comments. I can't dislike something until I see or read it! If you mean don't comment on what he said, well, that's just stupid with all due respect, this is a forum created to make you able to disscus things.

Melo needs to start playing well before blaming others.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The man spoke well. We are a team under construction and have been for the last 3 years, and yes we were handed to an inexperienced coach.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have respect for Ciro.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We are not stronger than Inter. How can a spineless team which lacks guts, spirit, direction, passing ability, and bleeds until it scores be better than a team that executes all the above with little or minimal resistance? Melo is SO WRONG!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Less talk more action. Ciro's been a scapegoat to performances from players like these. The guy should take responsibility where its due. Well melo, now you have an experienced coach... we expect!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)