Felipe Melo (49 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what exactly makes you guys think we would be better of with someone like d'agostino if we do not have any teammates that make enough runs for the direct play d'ago does prefer ?

he would be searching for ball recepients like melo, but he is not as strong in the dribble as melo so you do the math

no 24/7-running teammates, no party (with d'agostino)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
We don't specifically need a registra. I think sometimes positions can be far too restrictive.
Definitely in the midfield. I'd like to see something more pliable in the middle of the pitch rather than rigidity. Of course, I think having a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the defenders would be of benefit in Juventus' case because Melo tends to get caught out of position a lot.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The bottom line about this guy is that he has shown nothing to warrant his price tag to date.

Momo is a much better player than him atm.

And as for Momo not being able to attack, his attacking support and shot set up Marchisio's goal

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The bottom line about this guy is that he has shown nothing to warrant his price tag to date.

And as for Momo not being able to attack, his attacking support and shot set up Marchisio's goal
I disagree and plus you are mixing non-related stuff together.

First of all, Momo is completely different player from Melo. Melo get the ball, tries to combine with other midfielders and open up space, to make it easy for you, it's organizing the middle. Momo on the other hand is for covering more than Melo, defending and using him mostly because of his stamina and defensive skills. I hate comparisons between Juve players btw.

As for Amauri hasn't shown nothing, this is also wrong, he started very well, then faced some difficulties and made silly mistakes in some matches but overall he's a great player that we haven't seen much of him because he needs to settle and people like you should be a bit patient on him because we can benefit a lot from him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

:andyandbarcelona: bullshit...he's been inconsistent, hell the whole team has

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
what exactly makes you guys think we would be better of with someone like d'agostino if we do not have any teammates that make enough runs for the direct play d'ago does prefer ?

he would be searching for ball recepients like melo, but he is not as strong in the dribble as melo so you do the math

no 24/7-running teammates, no party (with d'agostino)
It is hard to compare the two because they are different players. But I would rather D'Agostino because he is a more versatile midfield with playmaking abilities (especially when Diego is shut down). He would have been great in the 4-3-1-2 along with Marchisio and Sissoko.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Melo is a box-to-box player. His creativity costs him in our end but wouldn't necessarily in the other team's end. But he never makes his way there. He has a great shot and can make great quick runs at the box. I don't know why he's playing so deep. It's a waste for everyone involved.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Melo is a box-to-box player. His creativity costs him in our end but wouldn't necessarily in the other team's end. But he never makes his way there. He has a great shot and can make great quick runs at the box. I don't know why he's playing so deep. It's a waste for everyone involved.
It seems so, yes. While Sissoko is unavailable, I'd play Melo and Marchisio together as box-to-box midfielders, with Poulsen behind them to secure the defense.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
easily the most disgusting and horrendous individual performance from a Juventus player that I have ever seen...even Molinaro can do better than that...and that backheel in the 1st half? absolutely shameful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)