Felipe Melo (21 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He did okay, but it was just a case a him being fresh when everyone else was tired.

He couldn't have done that if he started the game.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He did okay, but it was just a case a him being fresh when everyone else was tired.

He couldn't have done that if he started the game.
Last season's Melo couldn't have done that. You can only admire him when he has a clear mind.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Class above when he came on last night, the way he turned 3 City players with ease was a joy to watch.

If he gets his head straight he could easily be up their with the best.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
still has a long way to go, that being able to play consistently good football. I may be harsh on him, but at 25 million, i still expect a hell of a lot more from him.

Jul 13, 2010
I still can't choose the midfield duo. (Melo-Momo, Melo-Aqua, Melo-Marchisio?)

All three seems working well at times. So Delneri should throw a lot :)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Melo was ready to retire

Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo has revealed he was on the verge of quitting football after Brazil's World Cup exit.

Melo, 27, was widely criticised after the World Cup this summer as Brazil exited to Netherlands at the quarter-final stage. Melo was initially credited with an own goal in the game - although it was later given to Wesley Sneijder - and was then sent off for stamping on Arjen Robben.

"After the World Cup I no longer had the motivation to play," Melo told La Repubblica. "I had no joy in it anymore and had decided to leave football. I played a decent World Cup, but in Brazil everyone said we had gone out because of me.

"Those who understand football know that we were going to go out anyway. You just had to look in the eyes of the Dutch players before my red card to realise it. I am not an angel, but I understood that I could be hard without going over the top."

Melo also endured a disappointing first year with Juventus after his 2009 move from Fiorentina, but he has rediscovered his form this season under new boss Luigi Del Neri.

"At the age of 27 I can still change," he said. "The faith of Gigi Del Neri and [Juve sporting director] Beppe Marotta really helped me to change, as I realised there were people who truly believed in me."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=829546&sec=europe&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Melo was ready to retire

Juventus midfielder Felipe Melo has revealed he was on the verge of quitting football after Brazil's World Cup exit.

Melo, 27, was widely criticised after the World Cup this summer as Brazil exited to Netherlands at the quarter-final stage. Melo was initially credited with an own goal in the game - although it was later given to Wesley Sneijder - and was then sent off for stamping on Arjen Robben.

"After the World Cup I no longer had the motivation to play," Melo told La Repubblica. "I had no joy in it anymore and had decided to leave football. I played a decent World Cup, but in Brazil everyone said we had gone out because of me.

"Those who understand football know that we were going to go out anyway. You just had to look in the eyes of the Dutch players before my red card to realise it. I am not an angel, but I understood that I could be hard without going over the top."

Melo also endured a disappointing first year with Juventus after his 2009 move from Fiorentina, but he has rediscovered his form this season under new boss Luigi Del Neri.

"At the age of 27 I can still change," he said. "The faith of Gigi Del Neri and [Juve sporting director] Beppe Marotta really helped me to change, as I realised there were people who truly believed in me."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=829546&sec=europe&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716
Melo is so emotional tbh.. he plays not only with his mind but with his feelings too which causes problems sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)