Felipe Melo (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
its GdC but it's a direct quote from FeMelo:

I would like to thank the Viola fans for everything they have given me and I will always hold a place in my heart for them. I’m sorry if now some, probably many, are angry with me. But it had to be this way. The move was a good one even for the club and now Fiorentina can invest the money as well as they know how."

:weee:

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
On the Fiorentina website, there is news about the Melo transfer, but I can't open the link and my Italian isn't good so I don't understand the title.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
you should read the comments on goal.com lol, all these arsenal fans saying how they cant wait to get us in cl and tear us apart and how he will leave juve next year.

why are they angry at us? its there fault they didnt get him haha

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
Its been a while since i posted..but i would just like to say that we have built a really competitive side! With melo we now have a midfield that is so strong yet yong with experience! I really think we can dethrone inter for the title next year! And dont get me started with arsenal i hate the english fans..i mean arsenal fans should look at their squad and players and see that its impossible to beat us! Because in my opinion we have the strongest squad in italy now and i dont think no one is superior to us except barca and madrid!

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul14e.html
Melo: My Juve can win it all!
Tuesday 14 July, 2009
Felipe Melo will put pen to paper today and explains why he chose Juventus. “We can win everything, including the Champions League.”

The Fiorentina midfielder was very close to joining Arsenal, but opted for a switch to Turin worth around £21m.

“I am very excited to be here and the enthusiasm of the fans gives me strength. We have to work to bring Juventus to the very top. If I don’t win, then I get angry,” he said.

“Scudetto and Champions League, we can win it all, but to get there it’s going to take a lot of hard work. I thank everyone at the club who wanted to bring me here. I can’t wait to get started.”

Melo’s price-tag rose considerably after his performances in the Confederations Cup, but when he arrived in Serie A a year ago he was far from the Selecao’s plans.

“Some laughed when I said I wanted to play for Brazil, but I am determined. Thanks to the faith of Coach Carlos Dunga, I did it.”

The midfielder waves goodbye to Fiorentina and reveals he will write an open letter to the fans, director Pantaleo Corvino and Coach Cesare Prandelli.

“I must thank the supporters for all they have given me and will always keep them in my hearts. It’s a shame to go and I understand many will be angry, but this was the right thing to do.

“It also proved to be good for the club, as Fiorentina received a lot of money and can now reinvest them. They will do well, as they always do.

“Corvino discovered me and I owe him a great deal, while Prandelli launched me on to the world stage.

“I am truly a happy man. I have a wife, three kids and I play for Juve.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)