Felipe Melo (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Madrid: D'Agostino move on hold

Real Madrid are putting their pursuit of Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino on hold due to the massive £22million asking price.

D'Agostino, who had been heavily linked with a move to Juventus or various unnamed Premier League clubs, has emerged as potential consolation signing for moneybags Real Madrid with their approaches for Liverpool's Xabi Alonso failing to progress.

Talks between Juventus and the midfielder had stalled due to the asking price of £14million, but after Madrid publically stated their interest in signing the player, Udinese sensationally responded by adding a further £8million to the bill.

Clearly put off by this change of heart, Madrid appear to be re-launching their bid for Xabi Alonso, despite the fact that it may cost in the region of £50million to bring the Spaniard to the Bernabeu.

Madrid's plans for D'Agostino, and the price they are willing to meet, will no doubt be the main points of discussion at a meeting between Udinese president Gino Pozzo and Rea l sporting director Jorge Valdano, scheduled for Monday evening.

http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item292759/

I think Pozzo is now trying to push him to madrid for £15-17M, well done
Pozzo is playing a dangerous poker game. If he plays too hard-balled with Real, they might prefer to splash the cash on more proven players like Xabi Alonso or even Fabregas.

If Real pulls out, D'agostino will stay with Udinese and Pozzo wil never see that kind of money anymore...

I say we offer him EUR 8 million in January just to annoy him! :D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Melo is a strange one for me. His role on the pitch is yet to be defined as far as i'm concerned. He structured Fiorentina's play and he liks the ball at his feet but he is certainly not a playmaker. He's capable of more than destroying. He's a bit more rounded version with a little more depth to him, but more raw and less clean version of players like C Zanetti and Emerson (when he was with us) I guess.

Mar 14, 2004
Melo is a strange one for me. His role on the pitch is yet to be defined as far as i'm concerned. He structured Fiorentina's play and he liks the ball at his feet but he is certainly not a playmaker. He's capable of more than destroying. He's a bit more rounded version with a little more depth to him, but more raw and less clean version of players like C Zanetti and Emerson (when he was with us) I guess.

Why do you think that when he actually played a regista back in Santander days as well as Almeria?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Pozzo is playing a dangerous poker game. If he plays too hard-balled with Real, they might prefer to splash the cash on more proven players like Xabi Alonso or even Fabregas.

If Real pulls out, D'agostino will stay with Udinese and Pozzo wil never see that kind of money anymore...

I say we offer him EUR 8 million in January just to annoy him! :D
Why not do a swap with moli instead.:D

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
yea mean he is like jack of all trades, but master at none. This also means that other than being a good footballer, he can be considered as an excellent athletic too. I think that the reason why he is considered a good player is because he can do everything fine, passing, tackling, attacking. this means he can be easily molded into any type of players the manager want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)