Felipe Melo (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
However Chiellini will be a bigger player or legend at Juve, something Cannavaro can only dream of. But the latter one is a legend in Italy, no doubt it.

Felipe Melo will be officially confirmed as a Juve player on monday just after his vacation ends.
I doubt it but I hope you are right
as for the legend part Cannavaro`s move when we were in difficulties may have cost him the legend status in Juve (altough I pesonally still consider him as one)

as for Melo I think his defensive skill is going to help us a lot

We dont have to be as competitive as the old Juve, just competitive enough to defeat this new Inter...

Melo is not a bad tool for that, but our situation on the defense is still pathetic,
at least Melo is a player who may help them a bit and hopefully Ferrara will make them work more efficient to...
well as much as I want us to defeat this Inter I also want us to become even better than the old Juve I want to see us as the top team in europe and I won`t be fully satasfied untill I see that happen
Altough I would be halfly satasfied if we get the scudetto and return to rule Italy

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Come on stop talking nonsense, We all know that Cannavaro was very lucky to have always great players around him, In juve 2005/2006 he had Viera and emerson as defensive midfielders, he had Zebina (not injured), Thuram and Zambrota, in the the worst scenario Buffon will save his day, the team was completed,

Unlikely Chiellini had only Buffon, when he had Sissoko in front he looked very good, even though he had Legro or Mellberg (instead of thuram) he had moli instead of Zambrota (or his self Chiellini) and he had as RB Grygera, So there is a big difference, between cannavaro 2005 and chiellini 2008! We all saw cannavaro when he had shit players around him in real Madrid he just suck!
Cannavaro captained Italy when they won the World Cup. Any player who captains a World Cup winning side is a legend. Saying that Cannavaro was lucky to have great players around him is insane as it was Cannavaro who always organised the defense. Cannavaro was A LOT better in 2006 than Chiellini has ever been. Chiellini has potential, but he is nowhere near as intelligent as Canna is.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
You are just saying this because Canna left us at a tough time and you hold a grudge for him because of it

Canna was a golden ball winner if you just forget!
He was something amazing in those 2 seasons especially the one he won it and altough I do rate Chiellini he is a very good player probably one of the best central defenders in the world today but he still has to up his level in order to get to Canna`s golden years level.
Canna was amazing for us and you can say what you want about backup but just remember that he was amazing, won the golden ball which means he was the best player in the world in that same year (and it was justified)
Do you see Chiellini winning it or even be a top contender for it?! I guess not
maybe on of those days it will happen but right now he won`t win it
when Cannavaro was 23 year old, was the the best CB in any great team as Juve, was he captain for Italy u21. Chiellini alone hold in his shoulders Villa and Torres in Euro 2008, something what cannavaro can only dream of... and one more than Chiellini will be always known as Juve Leggend and Cannavaro will always be a traitor!....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
when Cannavaro was 23 year old, was the the best CB in any great team as Juve, was he captain for Italy u21. Chiellini alone hold in his shoulders Villa and Torres in Euro 2008, something what cannavaro can only dream of... and one more than Chiellini will be always known as Juve Leggend and Cannavaro will always be a traitor!....
You're a bitter man. And who knows about Chiellini? He might play for Inter next year.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Cannavaro captained Italy when they won the World Cup. Any player who captains a World Cup winning side is a legend. Saying that Cannavaro was lucky to have great players around him is insane as it was Cannavaro who always organised the defense. Cannavaro was A LOT better in 2006 than Chiellini has ever been. Chiellini has potential, but he is nowhere near as intelligent as Canna is.
One more thing, italy 2006 had the best defenders, Nesta, Zambrota and grosso, and midfield was just rock De rossi and Gatuso, all im saying is that when Cannavaro, played with great team he was OK, but when his team mates are averages he sucks, We all saw him two years in real madrid, he was shit, while chiellini no matter what team mates he always show that he is a world class :), Juventus never conceded 6 goals, while Chiellini was there, unlikely Real conceded many times 4 goals in la liga (im talking about canavaro and real madrid) and he conceded 6 goals to barca, which was a shame (barca is agreat team though)
and they got like 3 goals very often to average teams such as getafe, mallorca and so on. Cannavaro when he played for italy 2006 he reached his peak at the age 31. So chiellini is 24 and he is almost as good as Canna 2006... You can all talk shit about canna but he is just lucky! Chiellini will be so great, so people will forget that canna ever existed

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Cannavaro of 05/06 is definitely better than the Chiellini of today, or even the one from the 07/08 season. There is no basis for comparison. Chiellini still has a lot to learn, and he may one day become a better player than the Cannavaro of old (who has transformed into Old Cannavaro, plain and simple) but he still has a long way to go. In that respect Abejaa, you are the one talking nonsense. Granted that Canna had better players around him back then, he still was a better defender than Chiellini is today. Go watch some old footage of Canna and then come to that conclusion by yourself. Oh, and btw, I dislike the Canna of today just as much as you do.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Cannavaro of 05/06 is definitely better than the Chiellini of today, or even the one from the 07/08 season. There is no basis for comparison. Chiellini still has a lot to learn, and he may one day become a better player than the Cannavaro of old (who has transformed into Old Cannavaro, plain and simple) but he still has a long way to go. In that respect Abejaa, you are the one talking nonsense. Granted that Canna had better players around him back then, he still was a better defender than Chiellini is today. Go watch some old footage of Canna and then come to that conclusion by yourself. Oh, and btw, I dislike the Canna of today just as much as you do.
I just don't understand one thing, how could he turn from a "world Class" defender into a shit defender only by three months, He won World Cup with italy, and scudeto with Juventus (so all that happened in May and July) In semptember same year he start playing shit. How could he turn into an old player only by two months time!...I'm sure he is going to play well along side with chiellini and Sisoko and Melo (hopefully) in front of him. But he doesn't deserve all that respect you guys give to him.
He was a traitor for Napoli, then Inter, Juventus, and in the end he was unwanted in real Madrid, I swear he is playing for Juve only that he may make SA 2010, imagine if spain offer to him citizenship he will join them, he doesn't care about nothing only his personal career. He is the biggest traitor ever!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
haha chaos erupts in the Melo thread....suddenly without warning it becomes Cannavaro vs Chiellni. Just start up a thread that compares them and bugger off:D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
well as much as I want us to defeat this Inter I also want us to become even better than the old Juve I want to see us as the top team in europe and I won`t be fully satasfied untill I see that happen
Altough I would be halfly satasfied if we get the scudetto and return to rule Italy
I want to see us there too, but its not realistic... at least not with those men in charge...

So, i only dare hoping that we will some day close the gap between us and Inter.
Serie A is now weaker than ever and it easier than ever to dominate her!
Even without being as optimal as the old Juve, we still have the chance to beat it!

As for Europe/CL, although the new system ensures that the lesser teams have more chances to reach higher. The financial superiority of the EPL teams and state funding of Real forbid, forbids competition with them!!

So now, more than every other time, IMO, we should focus on the league and get as much more income we can from the CL.
And until we can really be able to challenge Inter, we should go for that "cursed" silver star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)