Felipe Melo (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
What more can we offer to Melo though Cronios? More chances of winning silverware, or more chances to earn higher money. Cos i would beg to differ in either case.
I meant cash, although i really like and respect Arsenal, for promoting a dif type of football then the EPL pattern, i happen to despise. I dont believe they can easily get more silverware than us.
I dont know if Melo finds the EPL more prestigious, but other than that, its a gamble...

But from the reports and Fiorentina stands, it seems that Arsenal are willing to offer more cash, or more attractive players than we do. And Fiorentina would rather choose more cash+better players+not upgrading a direct competitive team. Rather than accepting our offer.

But that sounds pessimistic right?
Well at least it makes more sense than "have faith in a proven incompetent transfer manager"...
If we sign melo and diego and eboue he wouldn't be happy because we didn't get a left wingback even though we would be 10 times stronger and then highlight amauri was a waste last year. Cron, be more optimistic for a change....
Personally, as i ve declared time and time again, i will be happy with at least just one permanent solution, to any of our weak defensive spots.
After Diego, i never asked anything more than that!
Melo, is an extra bonus that would make me more than happy.
Being optimistic didnt help Secco and co ruining our chances of winning anything in the previous years and undermining our future.
I now want to see it first to believe it!
It logical to be suspicious by now, that wouldnt be the first time, they failed us.
I m not saying that he will fail for sure, but there are now, objectively more chances to fail.
That would make his success far more valuable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I meant cash, although i really like and respect Arsenal, for promoting a dif type of football then the EPL pattern, i happen to despise. I dont believe they can easily get more silverware than us.
I dont know if Melo finds the EPL more prestigious, but other than that, its a gamble...

But from the reports and Fiorentina stands, it seems that Arsenal are willing to offer more cash, or more attractive players than we do. And Fiorentina would rather choose more cash+better players+not upgrading a direct competitive team. Rather than accepting our offer.

But that sounds pessimistic right?
Well at least it makes more sense than "have faith in a proven incompetent transfer manager"...

Personally, as i ve declared time and time again, i will be happy with at least just one permanent solution, to any of our weak defensive spots.
After Diego, i never asked anything more than that!
Melo, is an extra bonus that would make me more than happy.
Being optimistic didnt help Secco and co ruining our chances of winning anything in the previous years and undermining our future.
I now want to see it first to believe it!
It logical to be suspicious by now, that wouldnt be the first time, they failed us.
I m not saying that he will fail for sure, but there are now, objectively more chances to fail.
That would make his success far more valuable.
There was no way we could have won in our first season back from Serie B and last year Inter were far to ahead of us in consistency. Even this year it would be tough IMO to beat Inter. As much as I hate them they still have a stronger squad. Now with a change of formation and Diego/Canna will give us something extra. Melo/D'ago would give us another huge step and we already have an all star offense. You talk about being realistic? I think you are about as far from realistic by saying that they have failed us by ruining our chances of winning anything. They have been bold and upfront with us by taking small steps on improving, sure they got their hopes up in Coppa or CL by beating Real but the players themselves remained grounded. They didn't fail Cronios or anything close. We don't have the money to splash around like they do, getting back to our "standard" takes time and effort and planning. Not every plan will work out to our benefit, we will make mistakes but as a whole we are getting better and stronger. I feel like you give the club the short end of the stick and not the benefit of the doubt. Its not realistic to say our Board will fail us or have failed us, its realistic to say that Inter were just too strong for us last year. Simple as that.

It always seems, as I get the impression, that you wouldn't be upset if we did fail as it would have supported all your arguments on here. Hopefully with Ciro we will use our youngsters to the clubs advantage this year, like Gio who can give us our spark. IF YOU SAY that you will be OK if DC stays and we get a new right back to replace Grygera that you will be happy I am going to save the damn comment as my signature so at the end of the season if we didn't win anything I want to know where you will stand then or if you revert back to your pessimistic view of our transfer mercato this summer by claiming you knew all along that Secco would fail us with bad signings. No one knows for sure if a player will be successful at a new club. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. We won with Sissoko and Amauri, lost with Almiron/Tiago and still waiting on Poulsen. That is the game you play with a limited budget for one of the biggest clubs in the world trying to rescue their reputation. You try to get the biggest bang for your buck and you have to understand we needed depth last year and had we had not had the injuries that we had things would have turned out differently and you wouldn't be whistling dixie about our board and its failures.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You said exactly the same thing about Diego and Bayern :lol:

Now only add that Melo has bigger chances to win domestically and in Europe if he goes to Arsenal and it will practically be a copy-paste of your Diego to Bayern posts.
I was thinking where I heard that before, not just similar thoughts, but exact phrasing even :lol:

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Interesting to see whats happen tommorow with the Melo deal I hope we hear some positive news tommorow.

If we gonne spend on a RB then why not take Srna who is great, the best RB we could get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)