Federico Chiesa (22 Viewers)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I know he's full of grinta but whenever I see him play I can't help but think that sooner or later he'll suffer serious injury. He should've manage his body more carefully and not run himself to the ground

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
If he is really gone for the season then there is nothing preventing us from going to 4312. Just please stop with hybrid formations.

Woj
Cuadrad/Danilo-De Ligt-Bonucci-Pellegrini
McKennie-Locatelli-Rabiot
Dybala/Kulusevski
Morata-Kean/Kaio

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
What? You know zilch about being a running back if you think this. The stress a running back puts on the knee joint planting, turning, shifting, etc is far beyond anything most footballers go through.
I explained myself badly. NFL will always be harder on the body. I mean in terms of a soccer players ability to control a ball and twist and turn with it at their feet. It's a skill that will be lost without strong knees. Chiesa and all other player just aren't built strong enough to be able to do cope with that type of Injury and still perform explslover moments whole sitll maintaining ball control and other skill.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Absolutely true, however most NFL players including Peterson have much more muscle to support the knee compared to Chiesa.
Yeah that’s what I was going to say is their main advantage in protecting the knee joint. A lot more muscle there. AP was 1.85 metres - 100 kg. I doubt Chiesa weighs more than 75 kg, if that. But then that also means he isn’t experiencing the force of 100kg plus pads on those joints too.

But my point wasn’t really that knee injuries are more likely in one or the other, it was that with modern surgical techniques, ACL tears are no longer the death sentence for speed and explosiveness they once were. And AP is a good example of that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I explained myself badly. NFL will always be harder on the body. I mean in terms of a soccer players ability to control a ball and twist and turn with it at their feet. It's a skill that will be lost without strong knees. Chiesa and all other player just aren't built strong enough to be able to do cope with that type of Injury and still perform explslover moments whole sitll maintaining ball control and other skill.
Fair enough. I don’t disagree that the lack of musculature (relatively) plays a part in the injury. I just don’t believe an ACL tear is a death sentence for things like speed and explosiveness anymore like some of you are implying. Could it affect those things severely for him? Certainly. Could he also make a full recovery back to 100%? Certainly. I wouldn’t be surprised with his work ethic and drive if he gets back to 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)