Federico Chiesa (11 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Just when I thought our luck couldn't get any better or best player gets a career threatening injury.

Chiesa's game is all about explosiveness, fast turning and pace. He will never be the same again and unless he has a career similar to Del Piero's he will never be as good.

Last edited:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
If it's ACL, I doubt he'll be as explosive once he returns.

Italian attackers are either trash or injury prone. Seems like there's no in between.
To be honest, I can't remember the last player who relied on pace and got back to his proper level after an ACL injury.

Most memorable case for me was Hector Bellerin. In his prime he was faster than Walcott. After his ACL he lost most of his pace and right now is playing at Real Betis.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If it's ACL, I doubt he'll be as explosive once he returns.

Italian attackers are either trash or injury prone. Seems like there's no in between.
Meh. ACL surgery is far more advanced than it was during Del Piero era. Zaniolo doesn’t look less explosive. Look at Adrian Peterson in the NFL for example. Tore both ACL and MCL and came back 9 months later and had the second most rushing yards of all time and was NFL mvp. There’s no reason to think he will lose explosiveness if his recovery is handled properly

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Meh. ACL surgery is far more advanced than it was during Del Piero era. Zaniolo doesn’t look less explosive. Look at Adrian Peterson in the NFL for example. Tore both ACL and MCL and came back 9 months later and had the second most rushing yards of all time and was NFL mvp. There’s no reason to think he will lose explosiveness if his recovery is handled properly
Zaniolo is broken goods, Demiral hasn't been the same since his injury, Milik and many other cases

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Don't think there is as much twisting and turning in American football. Having a ball at your feet requires a different sort of agility.

I'm not confident here. I think he is fucked.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don't think there is as much twisting and turning in American football. Having a ball at your feet requires a different sort of agility.

I'm not confident here. I think he is fucked.
What? You know zilch about being a running back if you think this. The stress a running back puts on the knee joint planting, turning, shifting, etc is far beyond anything most footballers go through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)