Federico Chiesa (50 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
to think about it. Inter calciopoli pretty much the beginning of the end of italian football. so i blame it all on merda for series A downfall

- - - Updated - - -

history proves them right over and over again?
To be fair it was in decline before that but obviously accelerated after that.

Big bankruptcies to Parma (fraud) and then Fiorentina etc. Italian economy also didn't help with attendances down everywhere and many clubs funded by rich owners whose businesses suffered. Back in those days Italian GDP was much larger than China and in the top 5 in the world.

Different time.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
To be fair it was in decline before that but obviously accelerated after that.

Big bankruptcies to Parma (fraud) and then Fiorentina etc. Italian economy also didn't help with attendances down everywhere and many clubs funded by rich owners whose businesses suffered. Back in those days Italian GDP was much larger than China and in the top 5 in the world.

Different time.
Serie A went down because of multiple reasons. Calciopoli was one of them, but Berlusconi and after Moratti stopped investing in their clubs and they went in downfall. Remember that Milan had to sell Shevchenko because of financial problems? The post-Berlusconi/Moratti owners were very incompetent, they’re still recovering from that.

Than there are other things: no foreign investments like in PL, impossible regulations to build/renovate stadiums, talentless generation(s), financial crisis in Italy, problems with safety in/around the stadiums.

Its like the fall of the Roman Empire. A mix of things caused the downfall of the competition. The same would happen to La Liga if Real, Barca and Atletico would had those problems.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I will be happy if he can register > 15 (goals+assists) each year

With that kind of output, 60m is relatively cheap. Especially he is still young

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
It's about expectations and price. If we paid 20m for berna he could be seen as the new pepe. Kind of handy and work rate. But we paid much more at a time when we could have gotten better.

Chiesa in my view is a better player all round but with a higher price. However the terms of the deal protects us if he is a complete flop to some degree. Now that I looked at the details of the deal, I think it was well executed. This was well executed and not a panic buy as other sales also needed to fall into place at the right time.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that's true. I remember watching that team play ... Was an awesome team. Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Sensi, Veron, Chiesa, Zola, Crespo, Dino Baggio just to name a few.

And that was Parma!!!!! Man those were the golden days off Italian football where it was by far the dominant league every world class player wanted to play in. In fact,. Even today I don't think the EPL or La Liga had had the same kind of dominance when it comes to having the so many of the world best players.
Look how many world class Italian players just in one club. Nowdays, you can't find even half of these in the whole Italian football.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
pretty sure this guy gonna turn up big and @Bianconero81 will joyfully acknowledge his surprise and appreciation
Tbh, I think he's going to be a very useful and serviceable player - he's young, dynamic, and eclectic.

I'm just not too psyched about stumping up 60 million in total for his acquisition, regardless of how the payment is spread. At the end of the day, we're still going to have to pay 60 million.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tbh, I think he's going to be a very useful and serviceable player - he's young, dynamic, and eclectic.

I'm just not too psyched about stumping up 60 million in total for his acquisition, regardless of how the payment is spread. At the end of the day, we're still going to have to pay 60 million.
The problem is that the prices are steep nowadays. I also thought that the fee is high but the bargains are not that available. You should also consider that Fiorentina are in a situation that cannot afford to pay his wages if he goes back there on loan, they need to secure that in case he does not meet the obligation criteria. He would not accept a wage deduction after two years.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Oh dear God, we signed the new Bernardeschi. :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

I do not care about the price, it's not like I'm buying him. Actually, it is good to know we can spend 50+ mil. € on a player.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people's logic:

Italian winger arriving from Fiorentina? Let's compare him with Bernardeschi even though their playing style is completely different.
LOL Berna looked even better than Chiesa in Fiorentina.

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree with you, he will never be WC, will never reach his father status
Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Enrico Chiesa was never a WC player.
Better than his son though.

- - - Updated - - -

he needs to fix his nose. ronaldo should introduce him to his team of plastic surgeons.

we already meet the big nose allowed spots in squad with chiellini
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

awful lot of money :sergio:
300 mil. € for Mbappe is awful lot of money. However, it would totally be worth it. :tuttosport:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)