Federico Chiesa (79 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Federico Chiesa can take as much time as he needs; for Juventus, this isn't a problem. [@AlfredoPedulla]
———

If Chiesa is smart he’ll start lowering his demands and renew on Juves terms. We’re gonna find out just how much Motta doesn’t want him.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
If Chiesa is smart he’ll start lowering his demands and renew on Juves terms. We’re gonna find out just how much Motta doesn’t want him.
How is that smart for Chiesa? Why lock in for less money for a coach that (reportedly) potentially doesnt like you as a player?

if I'm Chiesa, I'm patient and just let the process play out. I'm open to extending, I'm open to proving myself for Motta, I'm open to transfers before the window closes if the next 5-6 weeks dont go well, and I'm open to play out the season on an expiring contract and evaluate options down the line.

There is zero reason for Chiesa to rush into anything right now unless an offer comes in from a club that he cant refuse. If that handcuffs Juve's management in money available for other transfers or forces them to pivot into selling someone else, that's their problem.

Now, if Motta actually likes Chiesa and sees him as important, the club wants to extend him but only for lesser wages, and Chiesa is willing to do that to stay, great.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
might be wrong of course but this situation looks like an other dybala story to me: club had enough of the fitness issues, agent plays games, player would want to stay, but it is over

on one hand i still like the player and believe in his abilities, but on the other it's good to see that the club isn't bending over and pushes towards a much more sustainable wage bill. with jj it's always the replacements that are tougher to digest, not the good-byes, so i hope we end up with an overall better squad when this overhaul ends
ok but when will you admit i was right about him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Only in terms of his eventual replacement

Apparently the Koopmeiners signing isn’t dependent on his sale specifically. IMO if we sell one of Huijsen or Soule (or both) we will hope to close that deal next.
It sounds like Motta really wants to keep Soule and sell Chiesa. But now we seemingly will have to sell Soule while potentially risking Chiesa on a free. That's really screwing our plans, IMO.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Just so we're clear: none of his options are "dangerous".

Chiesa has to choose between earning a shitload of money here and maybe not play or earning an even bigger shitload of money and probably play elsewhere.
I mean, it is dangerous in terms of his financial future.

Dybala and some people on this forum thought the "danger" of him playing out his contract until the end and getting "even a bigger shitload of money" was what would happen. And how did the market react to that? Yeah, he absolutely didn't not get an "even bigger shitload of money" and he played for the 6th or 7th best team in Italy with zero CL.

- - - Updated - - -

The rest of world football isn't ignorant to the fact Chiesa has not been the same player since his horrible injury.

And the risk they take is that he returns to the elite player he was before and its a great deal or he continues to be somebody who disappears more than he used to and they're paying him a high wage. Teams are going to try to hedge that risk. Just like we are.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
There are many same level players or just below. if money is an issue then selling to buy 2-3 top players might be worth doing.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
we need money to buy Koopmeiners.
I mean, Chiesa will bring in like €20-30 million. There are about 10 other players that I'm sure Juve would like to sell. Start selling some of those players instead.

Just sell McKennie, Arthur, Szczesny, De Sciglio, Rugani, Milik, etc

Plenty to choose from. If anything, Giuntoli not selling players that suck and we dont want anymore is screwing up our transfer plans. Why doesnt he just sell them? Is he trying to sabotage the transfer window by not selling those players? Him not selling those players is screwing everything up.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Didn't want to see him leave, but i'm Ok knowing he is in the final year. However if he leaves to go to utd, id have to dislike him and thats really hard to do, so hoping someone else comes in with the right price, even if its roma.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I mean, Chiesa will bring in like €20-30 million. There are about 10 other players that I'm sure Juve would like to sell. Start selling some of those players instead.

Just sell McKennie, Arthur, Szczesny, De Sciglio, Rugani, Milik, etc

Plenty to choose from. If anything, Giuntoli not selling players that suck and we dont want anymore is screwing up our transfer plans. Why doesnt he just sell them? Is he trying to sabotage the transfer window by not selling those players? Him not selling those players is screwing everything up.
Are you really that dense? Yeah we will sell most of those bums, but here’s the difference

1) Chiesa’s sale will bring more than selling those bums combined
2) He is on high wages
3) his contract expires next season- so if he doesn’t renew, we risk losing him on free

Best case scenario for me is that he renews.but him dragging things out certainly doesn’t help us to plan our mercato.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 73)