Federico Chiesa (29 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
there is a real chance of this prediction of him being mediocre happening.

too many people like to compare him to zaniolo in terms of recovery. but for every zaniolo there is tons of pjacas.

i hope we are wrong.
didn't you straight out say multiple times that his career was finished? why the change? whatever happens, you can still do your usual "i didn't say any of that" routine

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
didn't you straight out say multiple times that his career was finished? why the change? whatever happens, you can still do your usual "i didn't say any of that" routine
yes his career is finished at top level i havent changed what i said. no way he will have that explosive pace which is his main talent. without that explosive pace, he just another hard worker with no talent since his dribbling is reliant on pace, not skill and his technique is very poor overall.

desire and workrate is good, but if you have no skills you will be a mediocre winger.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
yes his career is finished at top level i havent changed what i said. no way he will have that explosive pace which is his main talent. without that explosive pace, he just another hard worker with no talent since his dribbling is reliant on pace, not skill and his technique is very poor overall.

desire and workrate is good, but if you have no skills you will be a mediocre winger.
If he does come back as a broken player you should be permabanned

yadaki

Aug 15, 2011
Zaniolo broke both his knees and came back like nothing happened. Chiesa has the similar playing style and only 1 knee broken, so hopefully, he'll back to his best soon.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I have real doubts about him ever reaching his previous level again. Yes, you do have guys who come back perfectly fine after an ACL injury, but they usually have an uneventful recovery and are back in six months.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I have real doubts about him ever reaching his previous level again. Yes, you do have guys who come back perfectly fine after an ACL injury, but they usually have an uneventful recovery and are back in six months.
And that is exactly the mistake most teams make; rush players back. 9 months is the standard, not the other way around.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Poor guy couldn't have recovered at a worse time. Allegri is still here, the chances of him re-injuring himself are high (people bring up Zaniolo but forget Roma don't have our fitness crisis), and if he doesn't get injured by the second game he will become a mediocre 'has-been' player under this terrible excuse of a "manager", like Vlahovic. People will blame the effects of the injury but in reality, it's the system he'll be playing in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My prediction is that Chiesa will be a mediocre player once he returns, if he ever does. Will walk in the footsteps of Marchisio and retire at Zenit.

I hope I am wrong with this one.
I Dont have high hopes for him tbh, specially because his game play depends a lot on physival effort.

He was destined to be the next best thing in juve but im just simply trying to forget about him. I have seen too many post Acl players to know he simply will not be the same

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Even Del Piero before and after injury is very noticeable.. it was so painful to watch ADP post injury
You can't compare the care for an ACL injury in 1998 with the care today.

And as a counterexample there is Roberto Baggio who tore his ACL aged 18 and still had an absolutely stellar career. Nothing about watching Baggio was "painful".

Last edited:

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
You can't compare the care for an ACL injury in 1998 with the care today.

And as a counterexample there is Roberto Baggio who tore his ACL aged 18 and still had an absolutely steller career. Nothing about watching Baggio was "painful".
Good point, i guess we are all saying this to manage our own expectations lol.. i definitely hope Chiesa comes back strong like zaniolo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)