LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
For his standard, he’s having a good season, yet I’m not convinced to give him a new contract. Expensive bench sitter while we are broke, and besides the few assists he hasn’t been impressive.
On the other hand, he delivers those assists this season. He must be at 5 if I'm not mistaken. If he managed to stay as effective as he's been lately, he'd be an ok bench player considering how many glaring issues this squad has. A lot of ifs and buts here, I know. He could accept that lower salary and then we'd have a cheap squad player as he's pretty much amortized by now.
If we let him go, it has to be for an upgrade and that will cost money. If we can get someone better, let him go.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
On the other hand, he delivers those assists this season. He must be at 5 if I'm not mistaken. If he managed to stay as effective as he's been lately, he'd be an ok bench player considering how many glaring issues this squad has. A lot of ifs and buts here, I know. He could accept that lower salary and then we'd have a cheap squad player as he's pretty much amortized by now.
If we let him go, it has to be for an upgrade and that will cost money. If we can get someone better, let him go.
Why should he accept a low salary? After all, he was Italy's (4 times WC and current Euro champs) captain against San Marino!!

Jun 16, 2020
His current value in the books is 15,2m, including salary.
If he signs a new contract for 3 years with the same wages it will decrease to 12,4m and with a contract for 4 years it will decrease 11,8m.

So indeed unless he accepts a lesser salary, it might become interesting, but we have to realize that he financially occupies the spot of a new (good) player, while adding the bare minimum.

He’s less cancerous than Douglas Costa or Ramsey tho. Basically always fit, never complains etc. But he should be realistic and accept that he isn’t a 4m per year player.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
There are many players at his level in serie a so we shouldn’t be overpaying. His goal contribution is laughable, seems to have become a terrible finisher when he used to be ok at that. He is always fit though and is an option, he’s by no means like the vermin Ramsey

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
There are many players at his level in serie a so we shouldn’t be overpaying. His goal contribution is laughable, seems to have become a terrible finisher when he used to be ok at that. He is always fit though and is an option, he’s by no means like the vermin Ramsey
He is currently playing as one of our best players but of course its not because of the mighty Bernardeschi but more of the underperforming players we have.
Definitely should upgrade on him

- - - Updated - - -

Why should he accept a low salary? After all, he was Italy's (4 times WC and current Euro champs) captain against San Marino!!
Because the others wont offer him a bigger contract?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I would only extend him if he promise me he will kill himself the same day contract is signed.
Turdeski is amusing. I would not wish such a cruel fate upon him.

The Triumvirate of Tristesse (Fagiot, Glassmsey and Arturd) on the other hand, I can only hope for career ending injuries for them as soon as they leave Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

accidental footballer. you can lose speed, stamina, strength. but how the fuck can you lose technique? his ball control is unreal.
sturaro-football.gif

- - - Updated - - -

One of the best players I’ve seen in my life
Were you born yesterday? :D :p

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The club’s position on renewing players is not a smart one. Why reward unproductive, non-contributory players? We need to be looking for the opposite to build this team. There are hundreds of Bernadeschi-type players in Italy. If that is the MO then sign one of them for even less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)