spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I know hating on Berna is funny and I do wish we never bought him, we have to also understand that he has been playing left wing-back pretty much the entire season even if his main position is RW and CAM. When we are talking about that "mythical" Atletico game where he turned into another player, he played as an RW but played mainly in the hole behind the strikers. In the national team where he looks like a completely different player, he plays only the RW position, never the left side.

Main point: Berna sucks balls, but the position he is played in doesn't help either. If only we had a player like Spinazzola to rotate in that position....

Jun 16, 2020
I know hating on Berna is funny and I do wish we never bought him, we have to also understand that he has been playing left wing-back pretty much the entire season even if his main position is RW and CAM. When we are talking about that "mythical" Atletico game where he turned into another player, he played as an RW but played mainly in the hole behind the strikers. In the national team where he looks like a completely different player, he plays only the RW position, never the left side.

Main point: Berna sucks balls, but the position he is played in doesn't help either. If only we had a player like Spinazzola to rotate in that position....
His position isn’t CAM or RW. We just had 2 season of seeing him struggling at those positions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

The shots, passing, decision making, first touch we see is not a positional issue. Dude is mentally fucked

- - - Updated - - -

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
His position isn’t CAM or RW. We just had 2 season of seeing him struggling at those positions.
His position was RW at Fiorentina and still is RW in the Italian national team. It's been RW his entire career up until this season pretty much. He's left footed so generally would cut inside and shoot/cross or create from there offensively. First season was decent with either a goal or an assist every 90 minutes in Serie A. After that is was downhill, and now putting him on the left as a wing-back is the final nail in the coffin. He offers nothing in that position because he cannot cut inside and shoot or pass with his preferred foot, but understandably he is one of the few players who can at least play there other than Frabotta so that's why he gets minutes, and continues to be shitter by the day.

The shots, passing, decision making, first touch we see is not a positional issue. Dude is mentally fucked

- - - Updated - - -
Definitely, just saying the position doesn't help his performances.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
If this guy could get the basics right without screwing up and constantly press the opposition even for a while at least then he can be very usual for filling in while some of our starters get much needed rest due to his versatility.

Sadly the that's a big IF.

Jun 16, 2020
His position was RW at Fiorentina and still is RW in the Italian national team. It's been RW his entire career up until this season pretty much. He's left footed so generally would cut inside and shoot/cross or create from there offensively. First season was decent with either a goal or an assist every 90 minutes in Serie A. After that is was downhill, and now putting him on the left as a wing-back is the final nail in the coffin. He offers nothing in that position because he cannot cut inside and shoot or pass with his preferred foot, but understandably he is one of the few players who can at least play there other than Frabotta so that's why he gets minutes, and continues to be shitter by the day.

Definitely, just saying the position doesn't help his performances.
Yes I know he did good at Fiorentina and his first season at us as a RW. But I never considered him to be one. He doesn’t have the creative solutions, weak foot, cross or all other abilities to be one from that side. Neither does he have those to be a CAM. I think his position is LM/LCM/LWB, one of those 3.

When he faces the opponent from the right side, he always goes to the side of his strong foot, it makes him dribbling back instead of reaching a strong attacking position to shoot or cross.

I saw most games at Italy and he’s never a real threat, his place in the starting line up is mostly earned by being a Juventus player. If he showed the same shit he does at us at Lazio he wouldn’t even be selected

Right now he’s finding some continuity at that left side and I think it’s a good decision by Pirlo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This. Is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of twisted reality do we live in where are worst players are always available :lol:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
It's your chance at redemption now Federico.

Put in a few top class performances to help drag this team through the current injury crisis and have us in still be in the CL and Scudetto race by the end of March and we will forgive you.

Seriously though imagine he just sprang to life scoring goals like Paulo Rossi in the knockout stages of the 82 World Cup :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)