Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bernardeschi: 'The Juve we all want'
By Football Italia staff

Federico Bernardeschi reveals when he found out he’d start against Bayer Leverkusen. “It’s the Juventus that we all want.”
The Bianconeri won their Champions League match 3-0 with Gonzalo Higuain, Bernardeschi and Cristiano Ronaldo on target.
“I found out I’d play at the pre-match meeting. I am very happy and have been working hard, but am above all happy with the victory, as I think tonight we saw the Juventus that we all want,” Bernardeschi told Sky Sport Italia.
“I always work hard and am aware that training is fundamental for the player and the Coach, keeping yourself in good shape and always giving your best so that you’re ready if called upon.
“I like playing as a trequartista, as I can roam all the way along the front line, while the Coach also asked the forwards to press the opposition, as it helps the rest of the team if we are the first line of pressing and stop them building up a head of steam.”
Juve’s next match is a top of the table Serie A showdown at San Siro with Inter on Sunday.
“It’s a very important match for both teams. We are well-prepared, Juventus are accustomed to these games, so we will go there well aware that we are Juventus.”

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Let's apply that logic to everyone and field all our worst performers to gain confidence and bench the best ones.
i don't think Juve has bad players just ones slightly below others. So the question is do you think Juve will win the CL title with Sami and Blaise starting? I don't although happy with their play so far. Both weren't even supposed to be in Turin. Their top performance limit is known.

So younger ones like Rabiot, Ramsey, eventually have to get consistent starting time to see if they are the BEST players out there. Maybe an offensive MF of Ramsey, Rabiot, Pjanic with Berna in front of the strikers might be successful come 2020. Cuads at RB sure hasn't hurt the defense so far.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Goal aside, he was anonymous for the entire game. I don't think he deserves to be starting - in fact, he should be dead last in the pecking order of attackers @ Juventus.
He flashed another shot just over the bar too... but he was really bad for much of the match, that’s for sure. Looks really out of shape, physically, and very sluggish. Maybe gaining all that muscle since his transfer hasn’t done him much good, he was far quicker at Viola and in his first year here

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He flashed another shot just over the bar too... but he was really bad for much of the match, that’s for sure. Looks really out of shape, physically, and very sluggish. Maybe gaining all that muscle since his transfer hasn’t done him much good, he was far quicker at Viola and in his first year here
I still think he should be deployed in midfield and take over once Khedira finally leaves and Bentancur/Rabiot and Can are sold.

Tonali and Berna in a new look midfield with Pjanic might be something to watch out for.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He must improve his football intelligence, prepare for quick link up play with other strikers, or overlapping fullback

Everytime he play the ball in his feet, the outcome is not good. Quick one two passes to get inside the area that is what he should do. To link up play

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
too slow in running and decision making, not agressive enough, seems to be to selfish lately too, do not like this player when he plays like this.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
I think the only way he can be effective right now is as pure left winger, playing with overlap movement with Alex Sandro, crossing or provideing some deep pass to the box for Ronaldo or Higuain. In other position, his poor decision making and his inability to do anything with his right foot makes him very predictable and ineffective. Too bad right now we have Ronaldo in that position (left side atttacking position)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I still think he is overly criticised. A player of his type needs continuity and he doesn't get that. I don't believe he is a starter in our best 11 but still a handy player to have for rotation. Sarri has mentioned playing him in midfield...wouldn't mind seeing that.

Keep in mind we see Khedira and Matuidi play week in week out....FFS some of these benched players would be trying to figure out where those photos of sarri are hidden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)