Strickland

May 17, 2019
Its not about the pre-season tho, as sub/rotation option he is fine, but he is consistently underwhelming as starter since the get go. He plays too slow for wing position, and his decision making gets worse and worse.
I'd say last season he was our 2nd best performer after Ronaldo in attacking third, slightly ahead of Mandzukic and miles ahead of Kean, Dybala and Costa. So obviously this current wave of "Berna's not good enough" has something to do with the 3 pre-season games. It just funny as fuck that this tuz obsession with Berna peaked after that K all star game, which is even lower tier than a standard pre-season friendly :lol:

And in our current team, I'd the only locked in starter upfront is Ronaldo, all the others are rotational options based on form.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'd say last season he was our 2nd best performer after Ronaldo in attacking third, slightly ahead of Mandzukic and miles ahead of Kean, Dybala and Costa. So obviously this current wave of "Berna's not good enough" has something to do with the 3 pre-season games. It just funny as fuck that this tuz obsession with Berna peaked after that K all star game, which is even lower tier than a standard pre-season friendly

And in our current team, I'd the only locked in starter upfront is Ronaldo, all the others are rotational options based on form.
You must be super new to the forum, Bernardeschi has been criticized and been said to be underwhelmimg for most of the season since he became starter. Pre season has nothing to do with it.

How others performed has little has little to do with evaluating his.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'd say last season he was our 2nd best performer after Ronaldo in attacking third, slightly ahead of Mandzukic and miles ahead of Kean, Dybala and Costa. So obviously this current wave of "Berna's not good enough" has something to do with the 3 pre-season games. It just funny as fuck that this tuz obsession with Berna peaked after that K all star game, which is even lower tier than a standard pre-season friendly :lol:

Bolded.
Maybe Thats another problem in itself, as after ronaldo, every single one of our forwards was underwhelming (maybe only kean could be spared, but he played so few minutes that is difficult to judge him) and im not saying this because they didnt get ronaldo numbers... what i want to mean is that they were almost nonexistant, so yaying he was 2nd best after ronaldo isnt saying much, since ronaldo did practically everything in attack last season

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Labeling him an "overrated diva"after a friendly against K-League All Stars is a statement of love, my bad. It's actually not just about Berna, but half our other players in the squad. That's what actually is annoying.
i label him overrated Diva from long time. not just because of the friendlies!! cut yourself a slack.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You must be super new to the forum, Bernardeschi has been criticized and been said to be underwhelmimg for most of the season since he became starter. Pre season has nothing to do with it.

How others performed has little has little to do with evaluating his.
Dont see nearly the same amount on Costas or Dybalas ass, both did worse last season. Actually many are saying they'll rise like pheonixes under Sarri. while Berna, who actually is playing in these underwhelming friendlies gets shit for not being starter material lol. If Berna was out and Costa and Dybs were struggling in pre-season, they'd get shit and Berna probably would enter dream lineups, now tell me that aint a classic kneejerk

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Dont see nearly the same amount on Costas or Dybalas ass, both did worse last season. Actually many are saying they'll rise like pheonixes under Sarri. while Berna, who actually is playing in these underwhelming friendlies gets shit for not being starter material lol. If Berna was out and Costa and Dybs were struggling in pre-season, they'd get shit and Berna probably would enter dream lineups, now tell me that aint a classic kneejerk
These both got tons of flak last year but there not around right now and berna is so the focus is on him being poor and even with a new attacking coach hes still stinking up the joint like he was for the whole of last season he couldnt even dribble past one player vs that k league team. This is nothing new he is brainless and has no end product

Strickland

May 17, 2019
These both got tons of flak last year but there not around right now and berna is so the kneejerk is on him being poor and even with a new attacking coach hes still stinking up the joint like he was for the whole of last season he couldnt even dribble past one player vs that k league team. This is nothing new he is brainless and has no end product
Fixed. Its pre-season, I'd be much more worried if Berna was in top form in July, ffs we won't play a meaningful match for another month yet.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Its kneejerk if you want to ignore a whole of season or more of the same crap form but ok.
You're telling me throughout last season Berna was a bad winger lol? He had moments of good form for sure, when he's buzzing with energy and has his mojo on, he's clearly a very useful winger, especially if given freedom in attacking third which Sarri says he intends to do.

And stop trying to bring 17/18 into it with that or more crap, back then all he had was end product, very inconsistent and error prone in overall play, but still managed to get a good number of goals and assists somehow.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
His decision making is atrocious at times, and he is inconsistent. The fact that he was our 2nd best attacking player last season is as much a testament to how bad (or injured) everyone else was. Berna had a few good games, but he was very underwhelming in many others. I don't think he should be deployed further up the field. Given his tenacity, passing range, and ability to shoot from distance, I'd play him further away from the goal, in a CM or attacking midfield role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)