james95

Sep 2, 2018
The only one apart from Cancelo in the team that drives forward with the ball and tries to make something happen with either a pass, cross or a shot. Only thing is that his decision making let’s him down sometimes. If allegri is going to insist on having 3 CMs; he must be experimented as the 3rd man instead of the dreaded Emre Can or Bentancur

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I used to be against him cuz we should have spent the money in a proper MF and 40m was a lot of money for him, now I'm pretty happy with him and he looks like someone who can be an important player for us in the future but the way somes talk about him like he would have done something amazing here is just nonsense, he has been here for almost two years by now so you, Berna's fan, could just enlightened us with all those brilliant moments please

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This experiment should have started the moment we signed him, given the state of our midfield.

We are in a twilight zone.
Guardiola can play with both Silva and De Bruyne in midfield but we are too scared to play with Bernardeschi.

Allegri’s refusal to play Bernardeschi in midfield, combined with his refusal to play Dybala as striker is the main reason to why he’s reached his limits here at Juve. He’s being too stubborn to take this team any further.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Guardiola can play with both Silva and De Bruyne in midfield but we are too scared to play with Bernardeschi.

Allegri’s refusal to play Bernardeschi in midfield, combined with his refusal to play Dybala as striker is the main reason to why he’s reached his limits here at Juve. He’s being too stubborn to take this team any further.
Both Silva and De Bruyne have considerably higher footballing IQ than Bernardeschi, so not sure you can use them as an example.
De Bruyne also played CM at Wolfsburg. Moreover, City don’t play a regista in their midfield 3 - instead a pure destroyer in Fernandinho who sits in front of the back four and does a lot of the dirty work and mopping up for those two. Juve’s midfield dynamics is totally different.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Bernardeschi
Matuidi - Pjanic​

Come on, are you seriously telling me that Pep couldn’t make this work?

No guts no glory. We need to try that midfield against Atletico in the return leg.
Knowing Pep, I could never imagine him having a SQUAD let alone line-up that contains Matuidi. Blaise is the anti-thesis of a Pep player. No touch, no poise, no vision, no grace - just pure brawn. He’d probably be the first player Pep would discard. We’re talking of a guy who binned his goalkeeper immediately upon joining the club because his distribution wasn’t up to scratch (Joe Hart). Pep is the kind of guy who would rather have all the tools he wants gift wrapped to him rather than work with what he’s got so I actually can’t imagine what he’d do with a midfield like ours. He’d demand a whole revamp before he would take the job.

He’s only ever worked with star-studded squads from top to bottom

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
why matuidi cant play as a holding mid? All he need to do is tackle, run and pass the ball to the closest player. What he doesnt need to do is try to atttack. Its a waste

The less he gets involved in our attacking phase the better

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
why matuidi cant play as a holding mid? All he need to do is tackle, run and pass the ball to the closest player. What he doesnt need to do is try to atttack. Its a waste

Would you trust him to try keeping hold of the ball for more than 3secs in that area? Cos I certainly don’t. Asking for trouble.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

Because his main responsibilty as a holding mid is to distribute the ball, and stay in front of the defense and provide cover. Matuidi is not good at either of those two. His biggest and only strenght is to pressure opponents and run from box to box.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Then he has no place in this team, not as a starter at least...maybe as a back up to close games, maybe.. He clearly cant to the basic thing of a midfielder in the attacking phase, at the very minimum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)