zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He has more space around him and more options to pass to upfront when we play a 2 man midfield. But the front 4 have to put in a lot of defensive work for us to even consider such formation

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And the guy beside him needs to be a complete package, we dont have that right now. At least not until can or betancurt shows it.

Matuidi cant pass or run with the ball so he is not the man for that job.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Needs to start.
Nope. Both him and Costa are better coming off the bench and running at tired defenders, confusing the opposition. I've noticed in most games either he or Costa start, their impact is limited and they become a non factor as the game drags on. Having said that, I'd like to see him deployed in midfield for a few games, potentially as a starter.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nope. Both him and Costa are better coming off the bench and running at tired defenders, confusing the opposition. I've noticed in most games either he or Costa start, their impact is limited and they become a non factor as the game drags on. Having said that, I'd like to see him deployed in midfield for a few games, potentially as a starter.
Nope. Costa is better coming off the bench and running at tired defenders because he has such speed. Berna not only is a great athlete but also has the smarts and technical ability to impact the game against fresh or tired players.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah. Bernadeschi's always dangerous, even when he starts. He constantly gets involved and pushes the defence with intelligent runs and passing. Shouldn't be a mid though, or maybe a wide mid in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, opposite Cancelo.

Costa is just brainless, so he only really works against tired teams where brainless running can do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Costa is better coming off the bench and running at tired defenders because he has such speed. Berna not only is a great athlete but also has the smarts and technical ability to impact the game against fresh or tired players.
:agree:

And Berna does impact the games from the start, even against good teams. No surprise B81 disagreeing. He's been against Bernadeschi from the start. ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats pure urban legend right there.

He is skilled. Must start.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ok fuckers. I'm sold. Let's give him an extended run of games as a starter :D

Deploy him in midfield, or we can play a two man midfield and have Berna, Ronaldo, Dybala and Mandzukic all starting up front. Costa and Kean can come off the bench if need be (Cuadrado too once he's back)

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ok fuckers. I'm sold. Let's give him an extended run of games as a starter :D

Deploy him in midfield, or we can play a two man midfield and have Berna, Ronaldo, CR7 and Mandzukic all starting up front. Costa and Kean can come off the bench if need be (Cuadrado too once he's back) :tuttosport:
Welcome aboard the BernaGuti hype train. :weee: :dule: @Fr3sh

PS. Did we sign fat Ronaldo to partner CR7? :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)