.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Still trying to understand why we paid like 40m for him

That ROIC is not manifesting itself on the field (not referring to the pre season)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Still trying to understand why we paid like 40m for him

That ROIC is not manifesting itself on the field (not referring to the pre season)
He's a strange player. He basically created our goal with a nice dribble through the middle, and then an inch perfect pass to Cancelo, but aside from that he was awful.

And it was the same last season. His production in terms of goals and assists was great. But that was literally it. Complete passenger outside of one or two moments a game.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Bernabro got barely any playtime last season. Give him a minute.
I hope he gets to shine. It's just that you can't be afforded an entire season (minus injuries) to prove your worth to a club at that price tag. In comparison, look at DC who joined last summer and just went nutso beginning in January. Berns goal in the group stage is all I can remember in his debut for the club. Hope the dude gets to show out this season

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I hope he gets to shine. It's just that you can't be afforded an entire season (minus injuries) to prove your worth to a club at that price tag. In comparison, look at DC who joined last summer and just went nutso beginning in January. Berns goal in the group stage is all I can remember in his debut for the club. Hope the dude gets to show out this season
To be fair to him, he had 5 goals - 6 assists in 985 minutes before his knee injury. Which is pretty awesome production. Under 90 minutes per goal or assist.

I think he played about 120 more minutes when he came back from the knee issue and did absolutely nothing.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Bernabro got barely any playtime last season. Give him a minute.
Barely how ?

He got an extended run of games when Dybala was injured and then subsequently got injured himself after a run of promising games. That's not Allegri's problem.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
His production in terms of goals and assists was great. But that was literally it. Complete passenger outside of one or two moments a game.
Sounds a lot like Khedira. Except I would say Sami was more of the passenger and Berna at the age of 24 means Max can afford to have more patience with him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wow comparing Bernardeschi to Khedira is a new low for Tuz.

Berna also had a wicked set piece attempt on goal that the keeper made a great save on.

He's a player that tries the hardest option every time he gets on the ball so he will fail a lot. But the side effect is a lot of goals + assists as we saw last year in a limited time.

Did he have to put the ball through the Madrid player's legs? No. He will fail that 4 out of 5 times. But one time it works, he breaks the line and then Madrid has to defend him in a very dangerous spot. Pass to Cancelo, goal.

Trust me if he wanted, he could take a first touch and pass straight backwards like Khedira.

I'm not saying I absolutely prefer his play style but let's recognize the strengths of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)