Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Well im mostly disappointed with his attacking phase, bar the goal he didnt do much. Also had easy chance to score which he ruined with really bad shot. Expected much more from him.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He is gonna be a locked up starter for us come spring. Great signing.

Edit: he defended enough, but he was dead already when Papu made his cross. Seems like he doesn't have 90 minutes in him atm.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The thing I noticed about him, is that he is really good at getting into dangerous positions. To bad hes finishing has sucked ass so far.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
He has only averaged 1.2 shots per game lol
The 1.2 shots is pr. game he has appeared in right?
He has played 22 min on average in those games. Meaning if he played the full 90 min in each game and he could keep the same rate, it would be 5 shots pr. game. I think that would be pretty impressive.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The way he plays RW for our team is interesting because he is constantly in different positions. Much different than Cuadrado who is traditional and hugs the line. I think if he gels with Dybala and Higuain, our attack takes a step up. It's hard to mark players like him who run in and out of spaces and create overloads in small areas. Look at his assist to Higuain, he is almost on the left side of the pitch as a RW. Look at his goal, he scores it on the left side of the 6 yard box as a RW.

Like I've said before, he is not a pure fantasista. He's not exactly the next Italian #10. He doesn't have huge technique but he has just enough. His attacking movement is very good though. He's very aggressive and direct.

I'm excited to see what he can do with Higuain, Dybala and Pjanic. He is a player that I see as a very good complementary player. Someone who can take advantage of situations and can play on the same wave length as Dybala and Pjanic. Very opportunistic and sharp.

You can contrast his playing style even to Costa, even though the season is early. Even if Costa is playing RW, I can't see that nose for goal to follow a rebound from the RW position like Berna showed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)