Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Went to TFC - LA Galaxy last night.

Berna was just as bad as he was for Juve, although he did win and convert a penalty. But for someone who's supposed to be a star player he was mostly I'm hiding and wasted almost every ball he got.

Douglas Costa scored a nice freekick for LA though :p
still cant believe Puig went to galaxy, i had high hopes for him at barca

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
“I’ve always had goals in my legs, that never changed, but at Juventus., I put myself aside. I was at the team’s service. I thought more about the collective result than the personal one.”
“Honestly, I expected to score more goals at Toronto. I also take penalties now, which obviously helps,” said Bernardeschi in an interview with TuttoJuve.
https://www.juvefc.com/at-the-teams-service-bernardeschi-explains-his-mediocre-juventus-stats/
https://football-italia.net/bernard...experience-euro-2020-win-and-toronto-fc-move/

Let's start from the end and from your current experience, what convinced you to accept Toronto?
"The decision was the result of what I saw and touched on a visual level a couple of months earlier. They made me understand the project and the great ambition present, football here in America is really growing. other offers, I thought the time had come for a change. I am convinced it was the best choice I could have made, I am very happy with this ".

What are your goals?
"I came here to try to win as I did in Europe, there is great desire on my part and the project is really up to it. Obviously it is never easy to triumph, and it never will be. As I see myself between 5/10 years? I don't ask myself this question, I'm a guy who thinks a lot about the present and the everyday. I never go further. I hope that TFC is the best for me and my family. "
Did you expect such a high continuity from the realization point of view? In 10 matches at Toronto you have scored the same goals (8) as from 2017 to 2022 with Juventus.
"Honestly, I expected it, even if I take penalty kicks here, which are one more opportunity to score. I have always had goals in my legs and have never missed them, but in Juve I put aside individuality to put myself more at the service of the team. I thought more about the collective result than the personal one ".
Why did you leave Fiorentina in 2017, where you were very titled and an idol for the fans, to go to Juventus to play for your place in the year before the World Cup in Russia? What was the motivation that prompted you to move?
"For personal ambition, because moving to a top European club at the age of 23 is every footballer's dream. At Juventus I would have had the chance to win trophies, play with great champions and become one of them. It was really a lot. exciting".

For the fans, the best match you played with Juve is undoubtedly the one with Atletico in March 2019. Do you agree?
"Absolutely yes, I think it will remain for many many many many years in the history of football. It was a crazy comeback, in front of our fans, against a fantastic team. There was an incredible energy, I still remember every single moment. only that year we didn't manage to win the Champions League, in 2018/19 we were the strongest in Europe ".

Maybe there are some regrets the following year too, because Lyon really seemed to be able to match your level.
"Yes, unfortunately in those years they were eliminated more for our fault than for the opponents. With Ajax there were two or three episodes that we could have avoided both the first leg and the return, then there was Lyon and the episode of the penalty: even in that circumstance some things did not go well. We made mistakes a bit, no club in those years threw us out of the Champions League as superior ".

Was it hard to change three coaches and as many game philosophies in three years?
"It was not heavy, when you change it is because there is a search for a new identity. In recent years, in my opinion, this is what has been missing a bit, in addition to continuity. In the winning cycle it was precisely continuity the strong point of the bianconeri first with Conte and then with Allegri, then in the last period it failed. This is my thought. "

Dry question: the best Scudetto?
"Certainly the first one, but the second was also very nice. Because you went out on the pitch and you were happy to do it, you were aware of the strength of the team and of all its staff. Not only the owners were strong, all the members of the team were strong. pink. It's really nice to train, a real 'wow' year ".

Do you think you have ever shown all your worth at Juventus?
"I really think I gave everything for the Juventus shirt. Probably sacrificing a little personal things, but I put my 100% at the disposal of my teammates, the coach and the club. The black and white shirt, as well as that of the national team , it was heavy especially at the beginning, when the environment is new and you have to get into the mechanisms. But the moment you start integrating and having that kind of mentality, the pressure isn't that strong anymore. "

Second dry question: would you still have stayed at Juventus?
"No, my journey had come to an end. Juventus has closed an important cycle and is now reopening a new one. For me, that's fine."

Will you follow Juventus tonight with Benfica?
"I always follow them and I will cheer them on Benfica, which is why I hope they can be the same team as always. Looking at them from the outside and no longer from the inside, I know how hard those guys are to make sure that the games go a certain way. Who he is in the outside world he sees only the 90 ', but there are not only those. There is the work that each of them does during the week and every workout, all the sweat poured and the sacrifices made. Their goal is always to win Juventus and to make the fans happy, this is to be rewarded. Unfortunately you don't always see it. I went through it from the inside and I know what it means not to be able to triumph for two or three games in a row, the players are angry throughout the game. week. This is Juve's mentality. "
https://www.tuttojuve.com/primo-pia...opa-ecco-cosa-manca-oggi-e-sul-toronto-614379

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)