Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yup.
I dont mind our offensive wingers helping the initial press of our defensive phase... but the ones behind them shoul be good enough to cover their asses and provide them with passes to let them do what they must do: attack.

If we are planning to continue ordering our attacking wingers to play like DMs...well...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bernardeschi: 'Juve deserved win'
By Football Italia staff

Federico Bernardeschi insists Juventus “deserved to win and are confident going into the second leg” after a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had surged into a 2-0 lead within 10 minutes thanks to Gonzalo Higuain’s brace, but he missed a penalty with Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen completing the comeback in the Round of 16 Champions League tie.

“Being under pressure is to be expected at this level, as we were facing a strong opponent, but we played with the right grit and determination,” Bernardeschi told Mediaset Premium.

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo.

“It’s a pity about the 2-2 result, because we deserved to win, but we’re confident going into the second leg. We go there aware that we can win.”

The return is at Wembley on March 7.

:rofl: :howler: What the fuck is he smoking?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Dude ran his socks off. What you expect him to say. From Dybalas comment to his, players are dealing with the situation just fine.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bernardeschi: 'Juve deserved win'
By Football Italia staff

Federico Bernardeschi insists Juventus “deserved to win and are confident going into the second leg” after a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had surged into a 2-0 lead within 10 minutes thanks to Gonzalo Higuain’s brace, but he missed a penalty with Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen completing the comeback in the Round of 16 Champions League tie.

“Being under pressure is to be expected at this level, as we were facing a strong opponent, but we played with the right grit and determination,” Bernardeschi told Mediaset Premium.

“After going 2-0 up, we couldn’t possibly maintain that tempo.

“It’s a pity about the 2-2 result, because we deserved to win, but we’re confident going into the second leg. We go there aware that we can win.”

The return is at Wembley on March 7.

:rofl: :howler: What the $#@! is he smoking?
Most likely he doesnt want to falloff with Allegri by saying we played like shid and needed better tactics.

he is now getting minutes and maybe he is playing diplomatic and saying what the coach wants to hear. If he is doing that, he is being intelligent... because what he said is simply rubbish and not true for sure. He tried and all but as a team we played like poo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The team was absolute shit in the 1st half, barring those opening 10-15 minutes. Tottenham completely dominated us, at home. If you're ok with that, good for you.

In the 2nd half, we improved slightly, but were nowhere near good enough. It was an embarrassing performance, and a game we could've easily lost (yes, I'm also aware we would've been in the driving seat had Higuain not missed that "sitter" or buried that penalty at the end of the 1st half).

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
The team was absolute shit in the 1st half, barring those opening 10-15 minutes. Tottenham completely dominated us, at home. If you're ok with that, good for you.

In the 2nd half, we improved slightly, but were nowhere near good enough. It was an embarrassing performance, and a game we could've easily lost (yes, I'm also aware we would've been in the driving seat had Higuain not missed that "sitter" or buried that penalty at the end of the 1st half).
Kudos to Tottenham.
Here is the scenario:
- Juve have not conceded this year. Only one goal in the last 16 matches.
- playing at home. 2 goals in the first 10 minutes.
- Tottenham completely shattered and shell shocked.
- then we miss a really good chance for 3-0

After all this they still manage to totally outplay us. That ball possession is embarrassing to say the least although I can still see how this would have worked if we were more clinical. Am not too gutted as I've seen way too many times.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Then we should have stopped starting Khedira since the summer of 2017.
Khedira was a big reason for Berna's struggles, the German lately just manages to escape all action and doesn't want to participate in the buildup. Which means our RM doesn't have many good options to pass to and sometimes is forced to come up with individual stuff, which Berna is not so good at, he's a team player not a brazilian. But still, Berna made several really bad decisions last night and gave away some criminal balls, I was actually a bit surprised Allegri kept him in game, I bet he wouldn't have if Mandžukič and Khedira weren't so terrible.

Schteinhord

Feb 10, 2011
I feel so bad for Bernardeschi yesterday. So much potential in him but he had to manage all the defensive work (where Khedira should have stepped up) when he should be focusing on offensive game.

You can clearly see that Bernard is not used to playing that defensively and im afraid that Allegri is focusing to switch Berna to a defensive player rather than keep scoring and make assists.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You guys ever think he should get a shot at RCM over the accidental footballer and the pensioners like Marchisio, Khedira ?
no, he can't defend. i seriously like this chick as an attacking asset, he would have deserved a goal for his effort last night, but for a cm, he's simply too soft in defending. i'm completely fine with him as a right winger if we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I feel so bad for Bernardeschi yesterday. So much potential in him but he had to manage all the defensive work (where Khedira should have stepped up) when he should be focusing on offensive game.

You can clearly see that Bernard is not used to playing that defensively and im afraid that Allegri is focusing to switch Berna to a defensive player rather than keep scoring and make assists.
@Hustini @Wittl @zizinho

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You guys ever think he should get a shot at RCM over the accidental footballer and the pensioners like Marchisio, Khedira ?
Ya been saying this all year. Khedira could have played for hours against Spurs and not pinched a single ball. Offers nothing for Pjanic to combine with to play out of a counter-press. At least Berna can play a 1-2 and break a press, then start a transition.

But only if Matuidi is on the field as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)