Federico Bernardeschi - AM RLC - Fiorentina (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
You mentioned ItalJuve, which is a concept that the good Dr @Cronios despises. He feels that we sign Italian material to appease the nationalist and xenophobic fans.
That's really sad way of thinking eww.
Italian player tend to prioritise serie a, as long as we have a shot to keep winning serie a, they wont leave.
And when we have half of Italy starting line-up FIGC, and those italian haters can suck up, especially when Milanese, Napoli, and Roma duo give sooo little contribution for Italy.

@Cronios Cheers.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That's really sad way of thinking eww.
Italian player tend to prioritise serie a, as long as we have a shot to keep winning serie a, they wont leave.
And when we have half of Italy starting line-up FIGC, and those italian haters can suck up, especially when Milanese, Napoli, and Roma duo give sooo little contribution for Italy.

@Cronios Cheers.
I love Juventus above all. I want Juventus to win, i wont Juventus to thrive, i want Juventus to triumph!
Juventus is an Italian team, Juve fans are good patriots and many of them nationalists.
They tend to favor an Italian Born, or origin player over stranieri.
I cant change that, i dont even mind it, as long as this doesnt affect our performances in a negative way.
Juventus used to be rich and powerfull and even then could not afford the best Italian players, even then the NT players were scatered among the big 3 teams, with the ocassional talent appearing from the smaller Italian clubs.
Juventus and Milan always have had the biggest percentage of the best Italian players in the NT and Juventus also had the biggest percentage of Italian players in her starter line up.
Therefore, we were the pride of Italy!
Since Italian clubs and football was very competitive, Italian players used to be a bit overvalued, for their worth.
When we had an excess of cash and a full team of stars, chasing the latest Italian star, was not quite an issue, but now things are completely different. Our financial situation is sometimes presented as beeing a dramatic one, we are no longer competitive as before and have many holes in our starter formation, quality wise. At this moment, we cannot afford to waste money for anyone. We must use our available resources, to buy the best players possible, before we start wasting money for nationalistic, or other purposes.

Also, in these times, there is a distinct lack of quality talents in the Italian peninsula on some certain spots, like example LMs and LBs, apart from Chiello and Barza, CBs too.
This is reflected by lack of quality options in the NT, where despite the fact that there is no financial handicap, many times, we are forced to play players from other spots to fill up for those lackings.
(like using De Rossi as a CB)
So for these specific spots, were talent is missing and the available option are still overpriced, we should opt for foreign talents that can ofer better performance, with a lesser investment.
Our core will be Italian anyways, but we should not sacrifice performance for nationalism.
For example for almost a decade, we have been insisting all the available Italian LBs, there are, from Criscito, to Molinaro and Grosso and De Ceglie etc etc, before we have decided to get an Evra.
Although we knew that a player like Molinaro will never become as good as Evra, he will be liability abd cost us performance issues overall, as in a competitive level, we are as strong as our weakest link,
for the shake of nationalism, there was a time, when we were sacrificing performance.
When this was no longer our priority and filled the gaps of our weakest links with great players like Vidal, Licht, Evra and Tevez the results instantly improved.

We still have issues on our defensive options/issues. Italian defenders used to be among the very best in the world and we still have some misplaced faith on them and refusing to get a foreign one, the latest example is favoring someone like Ogbonna, instead of Vidic.

Italian nationalists try to twist my sayings on this, but i believe it to be the healthy stance for every true Juventino who puts Juventus above everything, above any player and nationality!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Did read.

Also, in these times, there is a distinct lack of quality talents in the Italian peninsula on some certain spots, like example LMs and LBs, apart from Chiello and Barza, CBs too.
And Bonucci, of course.

Italian defenders used to be among the very best in the world and we still have some misplaced faith on them and refusing to get a foreign one, the latest example is favoring someone like Ogbonna, instead of Vidic.
That's like choosing diarrhoea over a UTI. Vidic is so bad he made other Inter defenders almost look like defenders.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I hope it happens, he has convinced me the times I seen him this season for sure, stepped up as overall attack threat both in scoring and creating.

Tho his performance for Azzurri is kinda a worry, seems gutless there.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    did Ventura/Conte play him box to box in a game or 2 or was I dreaming? He sucked and it's normal since he ain't one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)