Federico Balzaretti on the right? --was: analyse (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This thread is dying a horrible death because of the ambiguous title... no one knows what it's about.

So I'm going to retitle this from "analyse" :wth: to "Federico Balzaretti on the right?"

If that doesn't do it, then this thread deserves to die in anonymity. :)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
The thing is that playing right-footed Zambrotta on the left and left-footed Balzaretti on the right isn't such a logical idea in theory. I've no doubt it could work, but it still feels somewhat dumb.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Sadomin said:
The thing is that playing right-footed Zambrotta on the left and left-footed Balzaretti on the right isn't such a logical idea in theory. I've no doubt it could work, but it still feels somewhat dumb.
well i think this actually could work, look at it this way they could break back and cross which somehow i think it suits as more becuase viera could catch the ball and cutting back actually increase the number of our players in the box. maybe they could also rotate during the match.

:cool:

OP
AbuGadanzieri

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #30
    today capello took to the right balzareti and zambrota to the left like i talked.
    we can develop balzareti on the right and he can play on the right all matches.
    his age is yung and he can learn.
    i under stand capello is starting to analyse like i analysed or may be he read my massage last week

AzherIqbal

Nov 15, 2005
    Paolo Sosa said:
    well i think this actually could work, look at it this way they could break back and cross which somehow i think it suits as more becuase viera could catch the ball and cutting back actually increase the number of our players in the box. maybe they could also rotate during the match.

:cool:
    I usually play CB when I play park football and I can tell u that cutting back in makes crosses much easier to defend.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    AzherIqbal said:
    I usually play CB when I play park football and I can tell u that cutting back in makes crosses much easier to defend.
    Yup, coz you can follow the ball's trajectory without having to rotate your body.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Actually what I meant was that you can follow the ball and intercept without rotating your body, the ball will naturally bend inwards towards goal giving CB's the edge while on a normal cross, the ball bends outwards away from goal which makes intercepting harder.
    Atleast, thats from my opinion having little time playing as defender.

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
    AbuGadanzieri said:
    i tride to analyse
    balzareti maked a good game today
    he can play evry where
    we can develop balzareti on right
    and bring zambrota on the left
    pleeze talk and analyse
    I think he's a good player...has a lot to offer. And he's taking chances...which is great. He justneeds more playing time and he'll be very valuable. I like how he's moving around, not jsut sticking to defending.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Who is to say Zambrotta is right footed? When he played on the right, he would cut in and take many shots with his left foot. He is able to do the same playing on the left so in my books, Zambro has no opposite foot.

i think it all depends on the formation. If the team needs a player who can defend and attack well and take the whole left wing, then zambro must be that player. This of course would mean a player like Mutu playing more central behind the forwards and camoranesi taking the right wing.

But if this isnt the case, then i dont see a problem having them play on either side.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    But we sould come up with a solution some time, we are changing our wingers a lot,
    i m afraid, soon noone will be able to comunicate with his side man...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    players like Torricelli, Pessotto and Birindelli could play either and their career saw them play both sides when it was needed. Sure they had their fixed positions but it was good having versitile full backs.

Another player is J.Zanetti, similar to Zambrotta where he can play either side.

If you need an answer it is simple. Zambrotta has turned out to be the best left back in the world, so it is logical not to change his position now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)